Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues Review @ Strategy Informer

Haha… ok, don't have (know) the history… my bad.

The sudden swap from some back-and-forth comments to personal attacks is DArtagnans pattern. Usually it involves straw men, a false representation of you and your position which also insinuates poor intelligence, taste, simplistic interests or something else that makes you sound inferior.

Oldtimers are aware of the behavior but what's behind it is hard to tell. He believe he understands people but he have no social skills. I haven't seen someone like him on other forums. He tends to get into fights quite regularly. Most tend to simply ignore him or not comment on him at all.

SO… back on topic.

Best DLC ever? Even better than Dragon Age: Awakenings?

Awakenings is no DLC.

Including everything from Bethesda, Obsidian and Bioware, Old World Blues is the best DLC "ever" as far as I concern. Only thing that can be held against it is it's silliness which might be over the top at first. It's just that it packs so much content in one package that there's nothing of it's size out there. Actually, The Ballad of Gay Tony of GTA IV might be larger, but it's the only DLC I can come to think of.

Well you could download it…. What's the distinction again?

You have to ask the people who put these labels on their products.

If you ask me, DLC is generally about maximising profit by making full use of the content produced.

If you ask the people selling this stuff, I think DLC is supposed to be about giving players more freedom to choose what to invest in - and offering convenient ways of expanding their favorite games.

Also, I think the general idea of DLC versus an expansion - is that DLC is exclusively available in downloadable format, as per the name. They invented this term before the whole digital distribution thing took off, I think :)

Well, what was the price for Awakenings? Wasn't it something like $30? New Vegas' DLC have all been sold for 10 Euros. For me it was good value for money. OWB is spectacular!

Yes, right now we can buy it for $10. But I'm talking about the initial release price. I'd say that if something costs $20 or more the suggestion is that it's an expansion.

for reference though old world blues has about as much content time wise, and exploration as an "expansion" named Awakenings. and if i recall awakenings was either 3 or 4 times more expensive. just checked and it was indeed $40 at release. by the time i got around to playing it, it had dropped to half

Expansions felt like games on their own and they are usually sold on DVD. But then you got DLC's like The Ballad of Gay Tony. Old World Blues is larger than Tales of the Sword Coast. I doubt we will see expansions on DVD again.

Whatever the label, OWB is a bargain content-wise. I can't say how many hours I've logged (7 or 8 maybe) and I feel like I'm only half-way there. Of course, I do seek out every side quest opportunity and explore the map as fully as possible. And I find the overall goofiness to be a nice change from the overall feel of vanilla F:NV. I'd say if you have F:NV and the 10 dollars to spend on a DCL, this is an unequivocal must-buy.

Back
Top Bottom