A little "Eschalon - book I" help please :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenril

Traveler
I tried Eschalon a few days ago and so far I have been quite pleased by this small scope classy RPG.
There are a few noticeable quirks in the interface, maybe a bit of code in handling character development and a few minor things is missing and a way to press your character to run or move faster somehow would have been welcome.
The way time is handled and it fits with all the mechanics is pretty nifty, and although combat can be a bit basic the game is really fluid in the way it plays out and it does not tax you much, a sign of solid design.

Ok now that my opinion is done with and I havent found any sort of walkthrough lying around....my char is stuck :p...I heard the game doesnt take more than 18 hours to finish so I think im in the very late game, I just cleared Vela, put my brother out of his misery and now need to find some mage in shadowmirk ( I had already visited shadowmirk)..problem is I cannot this NPC anywhere! I assume I have to get to Shadowmirk level 2 somehow but I honestly dont have a clue how. Theres the candleholder on the far SW near the entrance that I only have a vague idea of what could be for....and the chests at top NW which I have NO IDEA what could be for.

So any kind ppl that would like to tell me what I am missing here I would appreciate it, im sure its something simple, but I it kinda irks me that I got "stuck" in game like this.

Cheers.

Hey Fenril. Welcome to the forums!

You may want to try Basilisk's forums for your questions as well:

http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/

And 18hours would only be if someone knew the game and was rushing through it. The norm seems to be more in the mid to late 20's. Myself, being a slow gamer and having a build (Ranger) that takes a lot more thinking and maneuvering in combat, I'm near 40 and still not done. :)

and the chests at top NW which I have NO IDEA what could be for.

*spoiler*

The chests are the key. You need to put a potion in each one and then step on the pentagram. The signs above the chests indicate what you should put in them.

Thanks :) I think I tried it with a heal potion...but I didnt have a str potion on me so I kinda gave up on the idea. Will try it now.

If you bought eschalon why did you not go to the website forums?

Hey, he's more than welcome here. And it's not like a bunch of us haven't finished the game.

Play with Brother None's comments and come back to us if you need more specific details. I had to go buy a suitable potion for one of them.

Just wondering if he had a legit copy is all....more then welcome if he did....but you see my point if you bought the game you would know about the website.

Rune_74 : You cant be serious. Are you?

As far as I know there isnt any copy protection for this one, could be wrong, heard about it in "Scorpias Lair" website. No I didnt download the massive archive from there.
Oh well I guess people just love to thrown money at "cracked in 2-5 months" copy protection providers, wise wise men.
Basicaly with no CP the creator is not losing anything a at all, just take taking the mature attitude and leaving it up to "you" to reward him and make the purchase or not.

It comes down to an...arguable moral choice, or a matter of supporting a company that creates products you like. None of these fine points will affect the number of people playing cracked copies in any away.

Will I buy it? Maybe as an extraordinary act of appreciation for the little guy in this case, but it is very very unlikely.

I dont have an habit of buying pc games...see a pattern here? I download (crack if necessary or not), if I like it I might speak positively in a couple of webplaces or not doesnt really matter..., If I dont I just uninstall and delete the remains.

Not the most upstanding attitude in a general sense true.
Just a fact. The fact is IN ANY CASE I assure you the company wouldnt be getting a single penny from me. Or "people like me"...I wonder how many of "us" are there?

This are not "excuses". Just cold truth.

Grow up.

Or sue me. Your pick.

Oh jeez. And here I went and welcomed you, you little scumbag. Get lost, punk.

We take a pretty dim view of piracy around here, Fenril. I'm afraid your welcome to the board won't be terribly pleasant. Hope you brought your big boy pants, cuz you're likely to get a good thrashing (and well deserved, if I do say so).

I'd strongly suggest you don't return, as Pirates are most definitely NOT welcome here and you certainly won't be getting any further help from us either!! Go play in someone else's backyard!!!

I have downloaded and tried the demo of Eschalon Book 1 - and I'm going to buy it as soon as I can afford it. It is that good, me thinks. And i want to support the indie developers all that I can.

As said pirates are seen on pretty harshly here, so, Fenril, please don't return...

OMFG not another pirate trying to justify ripping off someone. Why, why, why do they try to justify stealing a game.

Hi, bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

@Dhruin At least you gave the dude the benefit of the doubt. There could be many reasons he didn't go to the main webpage, but unfortunatly Rune was right and he was a scumbag.

Last edited:
Hey Dhruin don't beat yourself up its ok on this one....what a jackass to come in and b rag about it after staing he loves the game......a ban would be a apropriate here and a report of his ip address to basilisk games would be cool as well....can always contact his service provider and let them know he is downloading pirated copies.....

Nice christmas message to thom by this prick.

Just so you know you are one more person doing that who will make book 2 that much harder to come to be.

Wow, you guys really got it in for piracy, don't you?

Not that I disagree. A crime's a crime's a crime and where I come from we just cut off a thief's hands, but that said, you don't usually see such...univocal and contumelious reactions to piracy online. It's like it's sanctioned on most of the internet, or something...Fenril's smug and amusingly misguided moral superiority is more in the line of what one expects (hi Fenril! Good sarcasm, I see what you did thar)

Hey Dhruin don't beat yourself up its ok on this one....what a jackass to come in and b rag about it after staing he loves the game......a ban would be a apropriate here and a report of his ip address to basilisk games would be cool as well....can always contact his service provider and let them know he is downloading pirated copies.....

...Wow.

Last edited:
Whats the problem with that brother none...are you saying its ok?

I think why its got more people upset is the fact it is a little company that lives or dies by the sale of this game...and to feel no rmorse and just laugh it off...well i think thats ignorant...but hey, for a guy who liked fallout and such you must understand what piracy did to those games as well as all troika games basically.

@ Fenril: If you can't justify piracing, then why do you endulge in it? Games costs lots of money to make, and that money doesn't grow on trees. They NEED sales to be able to produce games, and if everyone thought like you they wouldn't get those sales, and then the gameing industry would die. And we'd be left with poorly designed flash games.

@ Everyone else: I understand your anger, but what good does it do? Piracy isn't going to go away, so if you want the gameing inustry to grow stronger and better you need to get pepole like Fenril to buy the games even though he can download it for free. And that's not going to happen by screaming how much you hate his kind around here (quite the opposite, your unsofisticated screaming is only going to settle him in his belief that he is right).

Übereil

If you're pirating, the least you could do is not try to justify it. :)

Other than that, I agree with Ubereil - screamin' ain't helpin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom