So Brian Mitsoda is Vault Dweller

Can't you post some more information? this sounds quite interesting. Just cut and paste would be enough.....

I didn't know before this but then again I wasn't trying to find out who he was :)

Well, if it has any truth to the claim or not.

If it should be true, it would mean the person making dead state and the person making AoD. Which could make us expect similar game play and design choices.

It is also a bit interesting from another angle given how people create aliases on the internet to produce difference kinds expectations.

Maybe it's just me, but I think someone's privacy is a lot more important than what we might get out of not respecting it.

Unless there's some kind of crime involved, I suppose.

If someone wants to hide his identity, then why do we want to know what it is?

I never wanted to know who he was to being with :)

However I am now interested to know why he was hiding his identity since he seems like well respected game developer. I mean why he felt that he need to hide his identity.

Maybe it's just me, but I think someone's privacy is a lot more important than what we might get out of not respecting it.

Unless there's some kind of crime involved, I suppose.

I agree with you there. For example I not posting under my real name, since I don't want to let say friends and family know that I am obsessed about RPGs etc. :)

I don't really care at this point, but if I was a "famous" person - I'd rather breathe feces than be known by the general population :)

Nothing is more destructive to truth than what people think they know....

Gotta agree with Dart.

If it's true then maybe Brian didn't wanted people to have an instant impression of him due to his previous work and just wanted to shoot the breeze with other RPG fans. Who knows and personally I don't care. I liked the dude known as VDweller whether or not he is actually Brian and I liked Brian because of Dead State and Troika.

I am also curious how they found out at the codex? did they hack his cellphone? steal his mail? place a virus on his machine?

I agree that someone should be allowed to keep the privacy on the internet. On the other hand if you release RPG's and have your own game studio you'll have to expect that people will learn your real identity sooner or later. I guess VD also counted on that.

I am well aware that quite a few RPG developers follow both the Watch and the Codex, but I have no idea who posts under what name. Honestly, it's not really my business.

However, it's nice to see confirmation from time to time that the legends of the industry are still passionate enough to actively take part in the RPG community.

It looks like Brian wasn't allowed to develop "outside" games while employed by Obsidian because of his job contract or something like that. This has been confirmed in a leaked email.

:roll:
Based on history, writing style and a couple of other things, this is bogus. You should know better than to get news from a random codex thread. The "I knew it all along" posts are especially funny.

:roll:
Based on history, writing style and a couple of other things, this is bogus. You should know better than to get news from a random codex thread. The "I knew it all along" posts are especially funny.

Says well known DArtagnan alt.

This is such bullshit. Their source is Wiki and some email that is a good troll attempt.

Back
Top Bottom