Skyrim - v1.2 Patch Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft community manager Nick Breckon has posted on the Skyrim forums that the next patch is expected "the week after Thanksgiving":
Wanted to let everyone know that the next PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 updates have been submitted for certification, and that the PC patch is coming too. The current estimate is that they will be live the week after Thanksgiving.
More information.

Ah 2 more weeks, that sucks. O well there is gonna be patch, that counts for something too. 2 more weeks, then it will be finally on for me.

My thoughts exactly, don't wait. 4 crashes in 102 hours (pc). It's not perfect, but it is the most polished ES game on release ever.

0 crashes in 52 hours, and zero bugs. I use 4 texture mods (blood, nightsky, signs, no blocky faces), different font (centaur) and few ini tweaks (ugridstoload 7 etc).

1 crash in 50 hours. Rock solid and smooth.

Holy cow you're back :)

I figured you were knee deep in Skyrim. Either that or you really did drop off the face of the Earth ;)

Excellent game this time around. I was very surprised by it.

As for crashing, well I have had too many crashes to count. I just save all the time. Today alone I've had three crashes (been playing for 8 hours).

1 crash here and I've played a lot. Apart from changing the FOV I haven't felt the need to mess around with the graphic options, look in INI files, etc, and that's rare for me. Looks and runs great, a really amazing game that keeps getting better.

Holy cow you're back :)

I figured you were knee deep in Skyrim. Either that or you really did drop off the face of the Earth ;)

Excellent game this time around. I was very surprised by it.

As for crashing, well I have had too many crashes to count. I just save all the time. Today alone I've had three crashes (been playing for 8 hours).

I was knee deep in Skyrim ;)

Still am, though I'm up for air now. My vacation time is almost up - and it's time to revisit the real world again.

I can't remember the last time I spent 50 hours on a game, and feeling just as engaged and impressed as those precious first few hours of the initial meeting with a new "loved one".

Well, your first MMO can do that - but MMOs ultimately end up feeling hollow when you realise you're not really experiencing anything new 99% of the time.

I've had a few crashes here and there, and 1 texture bug that fixed itself after entering/exiting a home. Nothing to really deter me from the game. Still, if it fixes bugs I'm unaware of or ones I have yet to encounter, I gladly welcome it.

I have to restart the game every 2 hours or so because the framerate starts to go wonky - feels like a memory leak or something. Also there is a dragon bone floating about 100 yards up in the sky. Last night I had my first CTD after some 25 hours maybe. That's about the extent of the bugs for me. Totally playable!

Initially I had quite a few crashes but now more of less gone (did update GFX drivers I think).
Shadows vary in quality. Have strange blue outline around character in dungeons (this is apparently the in game AA on ATI cards. Its not too bad though)
Tried a post process mod which hangs on top or Directx9 - vibrant colours etc, reflections on armour. However the vanilla game is fine for me - I do not mind the washed out look. I did turn on Tree and rock shadows. And change FOV to 75.

I haven't had any issues other than some flickering textures that went away after upgrading to the newest Nvidia drivers.
I am hoping that the PS3 patch fixes the issues with the frame rate after the save file gets to be too big. My son's computer is on the low end of the Skyrim specs - Core2Duo/8800GT, so I thought he might want to play it on a console instead. I had read where some had played with similar hardware and had to set everything to low quality.

Excellent game. I am really enjoying this game.
For some reason changing the sample rate and bit depth of the speaker to 24 bit and 44100 Hz helped to diminish CTD.
If they already submitted the patch for the consoles to Sony and MS, can we assume that they also did the patch for the PC and we will have to wait for a multiplatform release? And that anything they fix this week will not be included because the patch have to be the same for all platforms?

Last edited:
1 Crash in 80 hours so far. There have been some quest bugs, but the fact that it keeps your 4 last autosaves really helps with being able to reload and not lose too much time when that happens. The interface is done stupidly - what's most frustrating about it is that simply choosing a universal yes/ok key and a no/cancel key would have helped immensely.

Haven't had any crashes. My sons had 2 ctd. Why can't they release the pc patch it doesn't need any certification but I guess we'll have to wait for console certifications to be done.

Ahhh man, you guys suck!!!! I was really lucky with New Vegas and hardly had any problems with it, but this dang thing keeps crashing on me.

It's no big deal since autosave saves my behind and I'm in the habit of saving a lot, but reading about how you guys have only crashed a few times is really annoying :p

Well i wait actually for a better UI and some performance problems and ofcourse i do hope for a better shadow system…
After finishing HoMM 6, skyrim it will be, with or without patch2.

The beta patch is up on steam already apparently.

I've had quite a few but since the auto-save is pretty tight, it's only been a problem one time when I killed what appeared to be an unscripted dragon because it did not show on on the restart. The CTDs are actually pretty cool in a visual sense. I'm using a very colorful Skyrim map as my desktop image. When the game crashes, the game image reduces to a dot like when you would turn off the old CRT televisions and then my Skyim desktop fades into view. Fallout Vegas crashes gave me the blue screen of death so Skyrim's CTD are just annoying.

Back
Top Bottom