Fallout 4 Who preordered Fallout 4?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I know txa did.
And I know I said there is no way I'll preorder or even buy another Bethesda game before someone trustworthy says it's not yet another bug-o-rama.

But this article is just playing with my feelings:
http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/07/fallout-4-skyrim-bugs-glitches-pc-ps4-xbox-one/
The Fallout 4 team is working hard to ensure serious bugs aren’t included with the game at launch.

With many games, minor bugs tend to be skipped until a patch can be released post launch; however, larger game breaking bugs sometimes slip through, especially when the game is huge in scope.

With Fallout 4, Bethesda hopes to squish any bugs or glitches which would affect the player’s enjoyment, such as those users experienced at launch with Skyrim.

Still not 100% convinced, but…
Maybe, just maybe.

Going to try waiting until there's a bugfix patch on the Nexus. So, 2-3 months post launch I'll likely buy.

Why do people pre-order games again? Brick & Mortar, you could make a case for it...

No way in hell...and only, after a year or so, of the release. Reviews of Betheda games cannot be trusted, coming from almost any of the "pro journalists".
New Vegas outclassed it in almost every respect and still ended up receiving lower scores across all platforms.

Would have preordered if I had the opportunity to get a pipboy edition. And that is even though I don't even have a mobile phone. :p

I generally don't pre-order. I will be buying this on release, though (digitally). Thought Oblivion was bland, and F03 was okay; but enjoyed FO:NV and most of my time with Skyrim. I imagine FO4 will be the usual: reasonably fun FP exploration game, good value for money, but boring by the end game.

Also, I dislike not being able to participate in the inevitable discussions in an informed way, so even if it's not the game I'm most looking forward to, I'll be onto it quickly. ;)

I've only ever experienced minor bugs with the more recent Bethesda games. I had friends that had a lot of desktop crashes with F3, but I seemed to escape those (had some, but few and far between). The most annoying bug I had was some gun animation glitch with New Vegas, but that got fixed fairly early.

I'll do my usual Bethesda routine. Preorder a couple days before release, play 8-10 hours in the first couple weeks then shelve it and wait for patches and mods.

Hard to say, depends on what I am playing at the time or how busy work is.

Nope. €4.99 Steam sale for the GOTY in 2019 - maybe. And only on a very sunny day if I'm very drunk.
Seriously, I have way too much of a backlog to even think about buying a game I only have a peripheral interest in (not a postapoc fan here at all).

And I generally don't do preorders anymore. The only hypothetical games I would (maybe) preorder are a new Gothic, a new Drakensang and a new Strike Commander or a Freelancer/Privateer.

Witcher 3 was the first and only game I've preordered. That was only a vote of support for CDPR, because I like what they do, and I like their GOG platform. Otherwise, I've never seen the point.

There will be better deals a few weeks after release and I general wait for patches anyway. Preordering a Steam release makes no sense to me.

I'll probably pre-order it at some point, so I can pre-load it and so on.

I rarely get excited enough to pre-order this far away from release. I'm absolutely certain I'll get this at or before release, though, and I'll pre-order if it gets me something of value.

Pre-loading, like Maylander mentioned, is an obvious bonus - but hardly needed, as games tend to come out on a weekday, and I prefer checking them out when I have time. Certainly for a game like Fallout 4. That means I'll have plenty of time to pre-load before the weekend, even when not pre-ordering.

That said, the suits have become quite good at exploiting the audience with pre-order bonuses, so I'm sure they've cooked up something desirable for this one.

The "something of value" was what hooked me ... the ability to stack a coupon and voucher from GreenManGaming, making this cheaper than we will likely see it for at least a year after release. Not too concerned otherwise ... ;)

Actually you'll see lower prices on key reseller suspicious sites pretty soon after the release.
But when it comes to preorders, I wouldn't go chasing a few bucks on shady sites today because of one simple reason.
Steam refunds policy. :D

Getting a discount on GMG like you did is a good idea as they proved trustworthy by their refund decision with Arkham Knight (if patched game is still unplayable, you'll get refund).

I'm sure I'll get it but I will wait for a month or two after release for the first few patches.

Preordering makes no sense at all to me and you just can't trust games to work properly on release.

You can usually get many hours of fun out of it before realising the game's broken, though ;)

I fondly remember my first time with Gothic 3, for instance. I lost my ~50 hour savegame to corruption, and I still feel all warm and fuzzy about playing it, hehe.

Actually you'll see lower prices on key reseller suspicious sites pretty soon after the release.
But when it comes to preorders, I wouldn't go chasing a few bucks on shady sites today because of one simple reason.
Steam refunds policy. :D

Considering I got *both* Fallout 4 AND Dragon Age: Inquisition combined including taxes for <$50? Considering I will only buy from a few digital retailers, I don't think I'll see a similar deal from a reputable source ... so I felt pretty good about buying. :)

GMG is always a great source. In fact so good I can't remember last time I bought something from GamersGate and not on GMG. :)
When not buying on the original platform.

By shady, I ment sites like cdkeys and kinguin. You know, those that charge a buck or two for normally free oneyear malwarebytes license key. ;)

Back
Top Bottom