Xenonauts 2 - System Requirements

I would but Win 10 eventually crashes or becomes corrupt easily.^^

Not kidding as I had to re-install over 10 times in the last few years.

So I went with a WIN 7 backup no crashes or corruption in over six months.

I never had any issues with stability, but that may very well be an issue with specific hardware that is not well supported? It may also be just bad luck, depending on when problematic updates are pushed for you... the potential lack of control with respect to updates is certainly annoying on win 10.

Still, if you do not want to use mac or unix, there's not much choice left in a few months.

t may also be just bad luck, depending on when problematic updates are pushed for you… the potential lack of control with respect to updates is certainly annoying on win 10.
Definitely hate the auto update process.:nod:
Still, if you do not want to use mac or unix, there's not much choice left in a few months.
There lies the major problem we have no other good alternatives.

Anyway decided to upgrade again with my Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB version today. Let's hope it lasts more then six months to a year this time.:(

Not kidding as I had to re-install over 10 times in the last few years.
WTF

I've upgraded my win7 to win10 the very first day it was possible and kept everything possible (apps/docs).
That ment several "problems". For example the driver for Airlive WL1700 is impossible to uninstall although I don't use that wifi gadget for years - currently Asus N17 does the job. Sure, I could hack around, but I don't care, it's just rotting in tray.
Some similar thing happens with one of Microsoft's c++ redistributes. Can't remember which one now, but it's not possible to remove or reinstall it by any means. Which is kinda okay, it's there, "stuck" and is still running when needed (in Sims 4 for example).

To this day I haven't performed the clean installation of win10 on my own PC. It's still based on that superold upgrade where numeros updates afterwards couldn't address problems that came with it.
I'm just too lazy. Because all games work, Firefox (with uBlock) works, everything works. Including stuff (not malware!) I can't remove through a normal procedure, all of it also works! :)

Thus I can't possibly think of a reason to reinstall it over and over.

WTFThus I can't possibly think of a reason to reinstall it over and over.
I already said why Joxer.

The main window files get corrupted beyond repair. It's a pain in the ass having to re-install as repair wont fix it. I narrowed it down to a hardware incompatibility one time.

As one of my older HD's did not like Win 10 but worked ion Win 7.

Old HDDs -> trashcan or dock/externalcase with USB3.0.
With current SSD prices, only SSDs should be inside your rig.

Now some cases don't use screws for HDDs which in some makes adding second or third SSD a bit complicated (truthfully, SSD doesn't need special fixing, you may simply ducttape it inside a rig just so it doesn't hang freely).
Assuming adding HDDs inside the rig is screwless, cheap brackets won't help as are not of the actual standard 3.5˝ size so you'll need something like Icy's solutions:
EU - https://www.alzashop.com/icy-box-ib-2535sts-d509526.htm?o=71
US - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994064

Screws or screwless, this one would be perfect for two SSDs:
https://www.alzashop.com/icy-box-ib-ac644-d4364480.htm?o=14

Last edited:
Old HDDs -> trashcan or dock/externalcase with USB3.0.
With current SSD prices, only SSDs should be inside your rig.
I have one and it still happened.

Still need HDs for other storage. (Movies, Books, & Music)

Just more bad luck it's my family motto.

I know what you mean, I have 4 external USB3.0 HDDs for backups. Two 1Tb and two 4Tb. But inside the rig? You don't need any.

Reason I'm sticking with Windows 7: aesthetics, functionality.

It seems like every subsequent update tries to make the OS more like a Fisher-Price telephone with big, colorful buttons, and puts everything behind the scenes yet another button click away.

If X2 requires Windows 10, I won't be playing.

I know what you mean, I have 4 external USB3.0 HDDs for backups. Two 1Tb and two 4Tb. But inside the rig? You don't need any.

As a pure gamer and office worker at least.

I you are doing some video recording a SSD might not be entirely ideal.
A shame that I don't have the "total bytes written" stat for my HDD ^^

Reason I'm sticking with Windows 7: aesthetics, functionality.

It seems like every subsequent update tries to make the OS more like a Fisher-Price telephone with big, colorful buttons, and puts everything behind the scenes yet another button click away.

If X2 requires Windows 10, I won't be playing.

Regarding Aesthetics there is hardly any difference. Maybe from what it looks like on a fresh install, but not if you set it up "correctly". And functionality wise there shouldn't be much of a difference either, well, besides of the nasty updates. Though they can be set up to be less annoying.
I didnt change anything on my second pc, but my primary one didnt have a restart since 26.12.2018 and I am also not prompted to update.

Back
Top Bottom