Is there a tool for finding a game that matches criteria I choose?

Geofferic

Traveler
I'm specifically looking for a single player game with RPG progression, a single played character (ie, not playing a party), with base building and economy elements.

It doesn't need to be first person, third person, or even graphical, so long as those elements are strong. Preferably a medieval or fantasy setting. I have never run into a Skyrim mod that did these things well, tho I haven't messed with Skyrim in a year or so.

The CRPG categorizer in reverse would be excellent. lol

Hmm. I'm not aware of anything like that. Someone more motivated than I should look into creating something like that. It only makes sense with the huuuge amount of games out there today!

Steam search has a few elements that might help you. You can at least narrow it down to single-player RPGs, and it might have a few other tricks, like keyword/tags searching (been awhile since I used it).

You could try MobyGames.

For example, filtering by: Windows - RPG - Managerial/Business Simulation - Strategy/Tactics ends up with a list of 38 games that fit those criteria. Maybe if you play around with your own filters, you can find what you are looking for and narrow it down even more.

I am not aware of such a tool. but I found a good help is looking for a youtube video with a game that is somewhat similar and that I like, and look for related videos. That's how I find most games These days.

P.S. Have you tried Mount and Blade? It doesnt have real basebuilding but you can conquer castles and become a feudal lord.

Don't want to be a smart-ass but gaming forums were somewhat created to serve as this tool - gaming recomendations :lol:

Though can't really think of a game that would fit your criteria and I've been playing RPGs for a while. Fallout 4 is an RPG with base building but definatelly not the setting you've asked for.

It occurs to me that the game database here on the Watch has all the info. required for a good search facility. If I look at a game here I can see that it's turn-based, for example, but I can't search for turn-based games. If you could do that kind of a search it would be a fantastic resource as when viewing a game you can see news articles etc. and easily find out what other folks here thought of the game.

Back
Top Bottom