Realms Beyond - A Turn-based RPG

Hey there Hoboglin42. Thanks for posting here! The game looks interesting.

I'm curious what happened to Demons Age, though? It disappeared suddenly from Steam. I saw some posts on the 'Codex that says this game uses some of the same assets as that (scam) game. Any info on that?

I can't go into further details here, but our company Ceres Games owns the exclusive rights to all assets and source codes of the cancelled project Chaos Chronicles.

Brilliant. Chaos Chronicles was a huge loss when it petered out. This leaps strait to the top of my most wanted list!

I'm curious what happened to Demons Age, though?
I just hope they found those demons some decent elderly care for post-release. It's always a shame to see ancient demons abandoned by their children and living alone. :(

Looks really swank so far. At this point I think I'd rather play a fixed-camera isometric game than a fully 3D one. But maybe I'm just old. People age after all.

I can't go into further details here, but our company Ceres Games owns the exclusive rights to all assets and source codes of the cancelled project Chaos Chronicles.

Is there any relations between Realms Beyond and Demons Age? For example, same people worked on both etc?

Was the Chaos Chronicles team (and is your team) made up of German speakers? I noticed German in the dialogue screenshot.

Is there any relations between Realms Beyond and Demons Age? For example, same people worked on both etc?

No.

Bigmoon and my former company Coreplay both had a business relationship with the now defunct publisher bitComposer, that's all we have in common.

Was the Chaos Chronicles team (and is your team) made up of German speakers? I noticed German in the dialogue screenshot.

Our current team consists of both, native English and native German speakers. Chaos Chronicles was indeed developed mainly by Germans back then.

The example dialogue is just a placeholder text and the final content will be written and proofread by native English speaker or professional writers. Next year, we'll be able to provide a little bit more information about the team.

I see. Do you have any affiliation with Bigmoon Entertainment? I ask because it was an odd thing. Demons Age disappeared without a trace from Steam a few days ago, and your website popped up at about the same exact time.

Also, the Gnolls seen in this image on the right side (taken from your Realms Beyond website) reminded me of something I'd seen before. The terrain and art style… I wondered where I had seen it and then it dawned on me - a certain game called Sacred Blade I was given a copy of a year or so ago, made by Ellis Studios.

ellis_studios.png

So I'm curious if you purchased these assets from Ellis Studios or some other 3rd party when working on this game?

I see. Do you have any affiliation with Bigmoon Entertainment? I ask because it was an odd thing. Demons Age disappeared without a trace from Steam a few days ago, and your website popped up at about the same exact time.
See answer above -> #26

Also, the Gnolls seen in this image on the right side (taken from your Realms Beyond website) reminded me of something I'd seen before. The terrain and art style… I wondered where I had seen it and then it dawned on me - a certain game called Sacred Blade I was given a copy of a year or so ago, made by Ellis Studios.

ellis_studios.png

So I'm curious if you purchased these assets from Ellis Studios or worked in collaboration with them in some way on this game?

Never heard about that game and company until now.
Do you have other screenshots where I can actually see something ? :) This one is too small and blurry.

See answer above -> #26

Never heard about that game and company until now.
Do you have other screenshots where I can actually see something ? :) This one is too small and blurry.

Interesting, because in this thread - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19975 - your company says this about RPG Codex -

Our official forum is hosted by the RPGCodex, enclave of the last living gamers devoted to turn-based cRPGs.

So you guys are very familiar with RPG Codex yet haven't heard of Ellis Studios? That is shocking, considering they are a long-running joke on that site and everyone there knows them. Especially those interested in OGL, like the systems used in your game Realms Beyond, since that was a trademark of Ellis Studios.

I can post a higher resolution screenshot, sure. Give me a sec. :)

Last edited:
Right click the image I posted and "open in new tab", you should see it in 4K resolution.

Right click the image I posted and "open in new tab", you should see it in 4K resolution.

Different assets, their Gnoll looks more like a rat in my book :D

Edit: actually, I think it should be a Skaven or rat warrior

Looks good but just a comment on graphics. Why has everything such a grainy look? Is it an effect or something? Because I think it doesn't a favour to the graphics.

Also the perspective seems too top down for my taste, but that might be just me.

Looks good but just a comment on graphics. Why has everything such a grainy look? Is it an effect or something? Because I think it doesn't a favour to the graphics.

Some screenshots have been downscaled for the webpage (from 1600x800 to 1440x720px), but it should not look grainy.

Also the perspective seems too top down for my taste, but that might be just me.

On a second look that race group photo looks rather a boring mass of grey-brown smokey silhouettes. Nothing stands out interesting at all. Let's hope devs will change that, because the screenshots, especially this one above have nice contrast and lots of exciting detail to scrutinize.

Our current team consists of both, native English and native German speakers. Chaos Chronicles was indeed developed mainly by Germans back then.

Glad to see Chaos Chroniches rise from the ashes. And I'm always encouraged when I see a bunch of German developers working on a game. You've got my money whenever you want it.

I urge anyone to view the gameplay videos of Sacred Blade and compare them, specifically the map designs, to Realms Beyond.

Just search Sacred Blade RPG on YouTube and view an area where they explore a grassy region. The designs are strikingly similar, with the biggest difference being the new terrain in Realms Beyond is in much higher resolution.

I look forward to some quality gameplay videos and more. :)

@HobGoblin42;, welcome to the watch! :)

Will you publish Realms Beyond by yourself or do/will you have a partner?

Back
Top Bottom