Yakuza 0 - Patch 1 Back

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Patch 1 for Yakuza 0 has been re-released after the initial patch had some issues.

THE PATCH IS BACK! Patch 1 re-launches 13 August

13 AUGUST - SEGA DEV
Hi Yakuza fans,

We're officially re-launching Patch 1 which addresses the following issues:

• Fix for crashes on boot and in cutscenes/gameplay.
• Fix for crash when using Staminans to gain consecutive Heat abilities during Chapter 10 Fight.
• Fix for crash in Pocket Circuit mini-game after selecting a rematch with an opponent.

Thank you to everyone who fed back on our beta branch version. Your continued patience and support have been greatly appreciated. We're continuing to work on the other issues some of you are experiencing and will have more information for you soon.

Best, SEGA Dev
More information.

The first bug was real. I didn't have it normally, but for testing purpose I left the game idling for cca 5 minutes and when I returned it crashed. Twice.
Tried the same thing postpatch and now it didn't crash so that one is obviously sorted.

The other two dunno, I'm still earlygame (ch2 and one of them is ch10).

That aside, Sega needs to fix controls. asap.

That aside, Sega needs to fix controls. asap.
Yep the whole real Yakuza use a game-pad doesn't cut it. Either learn to port a game right, or hire a developer who can do it better Sega. You have no excuses to make.

I don't know why it doesn't cut it. Either learn to use a controller or learn to deal with bad keyboard+mouse controls. That's realistically your two options, most the time. You can cry and feel entitled all you like, but you will find games that play better on gamepad.

You're just not real Yakuza!

There is nothing to learn from PC players apart from refusing to be scammed.
No sane person will toss their hardearned $ on consoles gadgetery after buying PC. If a game does not work normally on standard PC components, and this one doesn't with several minigames, then the game either needs to provide the necessary gadget to all players for free or it's a port that needs to be panned.

I'm real Yakuza and when Sega says for their next game real Yakuza uses VR helmet I'll still say no and thumb down the atrocious and insulting PR.

No sane person would buy a PC if consoles supported keyboard and mouse. That's the real issue. :)

I would. I need to replace the GPU when a new generation appears, I need to add several different SSDs inside the machine, and do all sorts of tinkering inside the rig. I need to stream vids over smartcast to my neighbor's TV who lives in a building opposite to mine. I need to handbrake imported dvds to use fan subs as the original has none I can understandv thanks to stupid geoblocking measures by movies industry. I need to use fitgirl's compression to backup all those unoptimized games that occupy a hundred of Gbs each because my net is not as fast as JDR's and it can halve the space used and in some cases make the package 90% smaller. Etc.

Then again, I'm insane.

Think about it a bit more. I know I have.

Over here, it costs $550 for a PS4 Pro. 1080ti is around $1100. You could buy a whole new console instead of new GPU. You can put SSD in them already. Tinkering? That's all done in bios, these days. Why don't I have a console? Because, like you, I like control.

Streaming to your neighbours, ripping DVDs, downloading game repacks. You're not supposed to do these things. But what's stopping you doing that on consoles, anyway? Two things: OS and not having a keyboard and mouse.

Now if you were a good tinker you could install Linux on your playstation anyway. Heck, dude, if you were really good you could...

About the 33rd largest supercomputer in the world right now is the US Air Force Research Laboratory's (AFRL) newest system, which has a core made of 1,760 Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) consoles

That's right. Build a super computer. I'm sure this would rip DVDs faster than your PC. It's all just hardware, anyway, right?

You're probably relying on Windows more than PC hardware to allow you to do all these things, but you can be sure Microsoft doesn't like it. If you're on win10 they probably know you're doing it. If they had things their way Windows would be exactly like xbox dashboard. Soon you'll need to pay extra for a developer version of Windows if you want any access to your hardware at all. (Sure, you don't pay for Windows, anyway, that's why Win10 puts ads in your start button. That's why you probably have over 9000 tracking adware cookies.)

Do you remember when Windows95 came out with directX and all the developers complained about losing direct access to hardware? You didn't mention needing your PC for development, programming or anything, but it's clear to see the trend towards less user control. 99% of devs these days can't do low level coding like assembly, anyway, so we always get crappy optimisation and we're pretty much forced to buy new GPUs before our old ones get used to their full potential.

Now, it's important to note that Microsoft doesn't want to lock it all up in one go and drive you away to Linux where you'd have to learn to use a computer. They want to make it easier and easier to PC until the typical user has no idea how a computer works at all. Tablets and phones is what they want you to have. SSD? One day they'll try to take away all your storage and force you onto the cloud. Heck, you can already forgo a personal GPU and let Nvidias servers do the computation for you and stream games directly to your monitor with Geforce Now, or something.

Being able to use a controller is far from a bad thing. If they didn't allow it in order to force gaming onto their console - that would be bad. In fact, my xbox one controller wasn't supported in Win7. "Windows 10 required", it said, but I got it working, anyway, with unofficial drivers someone more skilful than myself made. You're lucky to have the option because that's what's good about PC. The way you act is like if Windows banned controller's you'd probably celebrate. That's a dumb PC user digging his own grave.

Consoles are still where most the game industry is mainly focused and therefore gamepads are the primary control device. We're lucky to be getting these console ports, like Yakuza 0, Dark Souls and MHW. PC used to barely get any ports of the good console games. Dark Souls petition was the best thing PC users have done for themselves in recent years. But you gotta remember that PC still isn't the focus. If you act like entitled little shits and complain and downvote everything then how long before they just don't bother with PC at all and leave you your free2play MMO games-as-a-service shit?

That's right. PC makes most its money off free2play MMO crap and DLC these days. Everything is released unfinished and buggy as fuck in Early Access without all its content and users eat it up. PUBG ran like shit and it was number 1 until Epic games beat it with a game mode that took them a trivial 2 months to make. It's only on consoles where games are actually released finished. That's realistically where PC is at. It's shit.

If you took a game like Monster Hunter: World with its bad user review score and instead slapped an Early Access sticker on it with no intention of removing it, you'd get a better score and users would jump to defend it saying "It's in EARLY ACCESS you retards, do you even know what that means?" and upvote it.

So, make use of your options as a PC user. You can literally buy a gamepad off ebay for $10 and never have to deal with bad keyboard and mouse controls ever again. Console users can't use a keyboard and mouse for games so it's always going to be like this. Don't scare away the console ports.

Play the games as they were supposed to be played because you can!

Think about it a bit more. I know I have.

Over here, it costs $550 for a PS4 Pro. 1080ti is around $1100.
I did not buy 1080ti nor ever would. Dunno who's buying that stuff. Bitcoin miners perhaps? Well, I don't care really.
I bought 1070 which was not a smart move as 1060 with 100€ less price at that time can easily run everything I need. But I just couldn't wait till it's available and my butt wanted to buy a new card and then… Okay I didn't step on a turd as if would happen if I bought Gameboy (which would also mean I finally cracked and need to be removed into an institution with locked doors and bars on windows).

Now my card (and 1060) can make furry trashmobs. Existing consoles no can do, and I've already shown respect to HZD developers for turning consoles' fail into success with nohair metal only dinos while prerendering only main hero hair.
I just wish FF15 was a better game. Because except spectacular hairworks, that game has nothing - will never understand people who bought it on consoles instead of PC.
Monster Hunter: World
- neverheard
- I'm not dart
- PC ain't phone

Please use examples where a game earns at least couple of billion per year. WoW, LoL, Maplestory and Dota for example.

Well, a 1070 is just a 980ti so you WOULD buy a 1080ti just not until it's a 1170.

You got a +1 from couchpotato so that should be a warning sign that you're saying something stupid.

BTW, MHW has really nice fur. They even do a real nice "velvet" style shader, too.

Still, if $10 for a controller is so much that you'd rather play console ports with bad KB+Mouse controls, even after reading all that, then I don't think there's anything more I can say to help you.

Just remember you have the option to choose your control device and you chose to choose the one that doesn't control how you'd like it to. :)

edit: PS. Dart didn't get MHW. I think he went back to WoW. What a noob. :p

Back
Top Bottom