Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed the site gets slow or stops loading a few times everyday for the past week. The timeouts usually last a few minutes, but can last as long as thirty minutes or more.

Noticed the site gets slows or stops loading a few times everyday for the past week. The timeouts usually last a few minutes, but can last as long as thirty minutes or more.

Now that you mentioned, I've been noticing that too.

agXK0qn_700bwp.webp

Yeah, well... we are moving to a new server around the 9th of October. The grass is always greener on the other side, so I am positive things are better then :)

Some of the games we list get multiple releases due to things like Epic exclusivity and Console exclusivity but when the game has a new release date on a new platform it does not show up in the Expected Releases box as it has already been released; even through for many of us we look forward to release on certain platforms. Now I appreciate it could be confusing but if the game was to show up in the box with title + [platforms] we get into another problem of space. What I suggest is we use colour to designate platform and show a colour code somewhere to designate which colour denotes which platform.

Not 100% sure, but I think this is new since the server move. When on the main RPGWatch front page, the page title is set to "RPGWatch:RPGWatch", which looks a little weird on the browser titlebar. Did it used to be just "RPGWatch"? Or maybe there were spaces before/after the colon before.

From the HTML source: <title>RPGWatch:RPGWatch</title>

Not 100% sure, but I think this is new since the server move. When on the main RPGWatch front page, the page title is set to "RPGWatch:RPGWatch", which looks a little weird on the browser titlebar. Did it used to be just "RPGWatch"? Or maybe there were spaces before/after the colon before.

From the HTML source: <title>RPGWatch:RPGWatch</title>

I see this also.

I don’t recall changing that. It was made when SEO was added to RPGWatch. It shows something different on other pages, like RPGWatch: Games on the games page. AFAIK it has been like that before.

Definitely changed sometime in the last month or so. archive.org has RPGWatch's main page from September 18th, and at that time it was just: <title>RPGWatch</title>

https://web.archive.org/web/20200918225426/https://www.rpgwatch.com/

I suspect it was during the server move, because it looks really weird and I think I would have noticed it pretty quickly.

Also, as you mentioned, after this change the List Games page now has a title of "RPGWatch:List Games". Previously, that page's title was "List Games @ RPGWatch" (see the archive.org link):

https://web.archive.org/web/20200427151635/https://www.rpgwatch.com/games.html

So I guess the format changed from "x @ RPGWatch" to "RPGWatch:x". I think in general that the latter looks okay, but it would look a lot more natural to have spaces before/after the colon, and also to not duplicate the RPGWatch name when you're on the top level page (like the old "x @ RPGWatch" format didn't).

Thanks for looking into that. I will need to check what has changed in the past month that has caused this

I've also noticed some problems when putting certain characters into forum posts, non-ASCII quotes getting converted to garbled symbols etc. Let's see if these work: “ ” ‘ ’

edit: well those seemed to work fine, but twice now since the move I've copied/pasted something into a forum post and it ended up being garbled and I had to go back and edit. Will have to pay more attention to what's triggering it…

It seems that sometimes if you type 3 periods (just regular periods) in a row in a post, it gets changed over to the garbled stuff, weird.

edit: didn't happen on this post but I know it's happened to me at least twice now. Can't pin down yet exactly what triggers it.

I've made a change, so posting those special characters in a new reply should work. however when you quote text that contains those characters it is garbled. I did not have enough time yet to find out why, or how that is different from the previous server.

Something minor: When I try to log out using the button at the top right of the forum pages, after hitting OK on the confirmation pop up, I get a bad gateway error and am not logged out.

Something minor: When I try to log out using the button at the top right of the forum pages, after hitting OK on the confirmation pop up, I get a bad gateway error and am not logged out.
I tried it and got the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom