RPGWatch - Summer Key Giveaway - Page 7 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch - Summer Key Giveaway

Default RPGWatch - Summer Key Giveaway

July 11th, 2019, 22:19
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
well that didn't last long. people claiming the key aren't 'liking' the posts.
At least I tried

Why people wouldn't give a simple click on Thumbs Up button after effectively redeeming a game key is beyond my comprehension. Way beyond.

I'm fully aware that nobody except for moderators can post messages on that thread, what it does also mean nobody can post "Thank You for the Game Key I Just Got!" (note: I am not suggesting Myrthos should change this, no way, really!).

But since one can't write anything, why can't one just click on the Thumbs Up button, a simple attitude that could be translated into "Thumbs Up for the Game Key I Just Got!"? Go figure!
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
henriquejr is offline

henriquejr

henriquejr's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#121

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brasil
Posts: 2,062
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

July 11th, 2019, 22:40
I don't know either. Perhaps someone feels guilty for harvesting a number of keys?
The reason for not allowing posts is actually that it makes it easier to spot the keys, but let's try enabling posting

A key for Saints Row The Third.
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43248
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#122

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

Default 

July 11th, 2019, 22:56
Not related but Age of Wonders III is free on steam for a limited time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2…f_Wonders_III/
Dark Savant is offline

Dark Savant

Dark Savant's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#123

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Forgotten Realms
Posts: 672
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

July 11th, 2019, 23:18
They seem to go fast though, tried a few times within 20-30 minutes of Myrthos posting and they are always already gone.
zypek is offline

zypek

zypek's Avatar
Watcher

#124

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

July 11th, 2019, 23:31
Just posted a new one…
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#125

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

Default 

July 12th, 2019, 00:18
Originally Posted by zypek View Post
They seem to go fast though, tried a few times within 20-30 minutes of Myrthos posting and they are always already gone.
Yes, for some reason this annoys me. Feels like there are vultures keeping constant check on the thread. I guess we are just with many on the watch which makes it seem so.

Though, personally I like people giving at least a small heads-up when taking a key. Just as a thanks.
ilm is offline

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#126

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

July 12th, 2019, 00:23
Maybe only registered users should be able to see the thread ?

Originally Posted by ilm View Post
Yes, for some reason this annoys me. Feels like there are vultures keeping constant check on the thread. I guess we are just with many on the watch which makes it seem so.

Though, personally I like people giving at least a small heads-up when taking a key. Just as a thanks.
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#127

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 6,762
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

July 12th, 2019, 01:19
Originally Posted by you View Post
Maybe only registered users should be able to see the thread ?
That's already the case isn't? In the standard key giveaway thread most people issue a "PM me" so it isn't public. Occasionally someone will post the raw key where we'll warn them we have a lot bots that are likely trolling for Steam keys among other things.

Does anyone know the ratio of lurkers to posters here? That thread requires 7 posts minimum to view doesn't it?
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520
Lucky Day is offline

Lucky Day

Lucky Day's Avatar
Daywatch

#128

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Uncanny Valley
Posts: 4,879
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default 

July 12th, 2019, 13:47
Yes it does, 7 posts that were approved by a moderator (usually Eye).


Keys have been posted…
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#129

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

Default 

July 12th, 2019, 23:39
A new key is available: https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43248
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#130

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

Default 

July 13th, 2019, 18:39
There is a new key available.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#131

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

Default 

July 14th, 2019, 08:33
Yeah, it's why I suggested not posting the full key without putting some fake Xs in - anecdotally there's a lot of suspicion that there's bots that sweep forums for keys like these.
Avantre is offline

Avantre

Avantre's Avatar
Watchdog

#132

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

July 14th, 2019, 23:15
I doubt there are any bots active here that have registered and have reached 7 posts, so that they can actually get access to the keys.


Added a new key.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#133

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

Default 

July 14th, 2019, 23:32
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
well that didn't last long. people claiming the key aren't 'liking' the posts.

that would be a great thread to post without fear someone not on the forums will claim the key. alas it's closed for all but mods.
If you tell me which keys are already taken without someone having given a just tell me and I’ll like the key instead. It will stop other people trying only to learn what you just learned.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'
Eye is offline

Eye

Eye's Avatar
Eye Watch
Super Moderator

#134

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,917
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Default 

July 14th, 2019, 23:39
Forget it. Bad idea. People may think I took all the keys. Which is not the case btw. I am not interested in them.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'
Eye is offline

Eye

Eye's Avatar
Eye Watch
Super Moderator

#135

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,917
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

July 15th, 2019, 09:20
Thare are two keys left (actually 3). One I have posted now. The other two belong together and I'll post them in one go later today. Perhaps they both go to one person, perhaps not
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#136

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

Default 

July 15th, 2019, 16:32
The last keys are up, so that wraps this up. In half a year (or something like that) there is another event.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#137

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,061
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch - Summer Key Giveaway
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:51.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch