XCOM 2 - Red Dwarf Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamesN Want the Red Dwarf crew for your next XCOM 2 run? Look no further than Red9's mod which provides the voices of the crew, as long as you own the War of the Chosen expansion.

As long as you own XCOM 2’s expansion, War of the Chosen, you can download the Red Dwarf Voice Pack from the Steam Workshop. The mod contains over 1000 voice lines from the show’s main cast, with plans to introduce more lines for the main cast and some more for minor cast members.

You can check out a trailer of the five in action, with some extremely well-designed models (other than Holly, who in the show is quite regularly forced to go planetside on what looks like a 90s TV), below. Alternatively, you can check out some more great XCOM 2 mods.

[...]
More information.

Ha not sure I'd ever play this mod but its very entertaining! They should definitely make the shuttle look like Starbug though ;)

latest

No idea what Red Dwarf is, but it looks like some love went into this project. As if I needed another reason to play XCOM…

You should find episodes of the show online and watch it if you like british dark humor mixed with SF. It will give you more entertainment than playing nuXcom 2 again.

I completely agree with Archangel, the show is head and shoulders above the X-com two game. At least the base game, I've not played the expansion as of yet. Red Dwarf always struck me as the stoners version of Doctor Who =p

Why, because they are both British? They are both from two completely different eras. Other than being Sci-Fi, and probably running some of the same tropes/stories sometimes, I can't see any similarities. Really, Dwarf and Star Trek tend to have more in common, including ripping each other off (i.e. a Cat episode was never shot, mainly because its probably too similar to the Pon Far. The Doctor in Voyager is basically Rimmer with a different personality.)

Back on topic, I can see this getting taken down pretty quickly - unless they got special license to use the IP. They would probably tolerate some of if not, but thousands of lines of dialogue and even the actors would want to get paid for it. Audio always causes red flags, even more so than video clips.

Smegging hell, awesome. :wideeyed:

“He’s Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer “More reliable than a garden trimmer “He’s never been mistaken for Yul Brynner “He’s not bald, and his head doesn’t glimmer…”

Awesome. I do kind of wish a Red Dwarf PC game existed (there is apparently a game for mobile which doesn't look very good). But I think maybe a point & click adventure could be fun.

Back on topic, I can see this getting taken down pretty quickly - unless they got special license to use the IP.
If I owned RD's IP, I would be itching to get them a license as long as there's no payment involved. Those kinds of things make for great advertisements!

Man, ever since Twin Peaks season three came out last year, anytime someone uses the word, "itching", I see that girl scratching her rash uncontrollably. That was some fierce scratching, too!

Back
Top Bottom