New trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

I have to assume that's a cinematic sequence that was made with the game engine. "in-engine" doesn't mean it's being rendered in real time. I suspect that's a clever way of trying to make people think the entire game is going to look like that.

There's no way the actual gameplay looks like that on a PS4.

Exactly what I was thinking. Pre-rendered with the games engine. Which doesn't say very much. You can use different assets, processing options and lighting calculations when you can stay however you want on a single frame.

Well it would have to be pretty horrible to actually be worse than any of the prequels. :)

Well, while I didn't think they were top notch, I enjoyed each of them in turn. Especially once I found The Phantom Edit and Attack of the Phantom. Now if someone would just do an edit of ROTS!

I'm definitely excited and keep hoping they'll do it right. The teaser really captured the sw essence.. And heck its star wars, so there is no question that i'm going to see this on the big screen :)

Excited too. I have always viewed star wars as nothing more than straight up action movies, nothing different than an Arnold movie. so definitely looking forward to the next installment.

I even liked number three the best, yes of the new ones.

Why is that black storm trooper always breathing so hard? I think I've seen him in 3 different scenes panting and sweating. I think he needs medical attention.

Emotionally stressful situations ?

But, yes, a Stormtrooper should be trained much better.

I enjoyed Return of the Jedi until the ewoks appeared.

I guess that you don't like successful anti-heroes ? ;)

In the original, as fas as I know it, there should've been Wookies. But for a reason I don't know he rewarked that into Ewoks - but their races' names still sound quite similar. ;) And both are in fact quite brute cultures.

The good thing regarding Star Wars is that Lawrence Kasdan is in again. He will make the sequel trilogy work.

Indeed. My hope went up upon reading this.

Besides - that huge spaceship reminded my of TFU ... "The Force Unleashed" ... And those Trooper designs are a bit like those from TFU as well ...

My strategy is to keep expectations as low as possible. Although a few good scenes with the Falcon and both the kid in me and me are happy campers :).

I enjoyed Return of the Jedi until the ewoks appeared. The beginning when they rescued Han Solo was pretty cool.
Let's be honest here and let's not kid ourselves…..they really didn't think that rescue operation through :).

Well, while I didn't think they were top notch, I enjoyed each of them in turn.
Strong with this one denial is :).

There's no way the actual gameplay looks like that on a PS4.
Maybe it does but noone else knows how to make it?

Nah.

Solo and Chewbacca did nothing for me, but I really like the iStormie look.

I have high expectations. I loved Star Trek 1. Granted it didn't feel entirely Star Trek but it was great anyway. Abrams style is probably better suited for the Star Wars universe. Empire is a huge action film with quick takes and a serious tone and I could easily see Abrams directing it. He has some comedy in his films but it's smart and localized, not a clown act or puppet show like Lucas constantly resorted to.

And now a teaser trailer for Star Wars: Rogue One has been leaked.

http://bgr.com/2015/04/20/star-wars-rogue-one-trailer-leak/

I wasn't even aware that it was already in production. I guess this begins the onslaught of Disney Star Wars filler movies we can expect as they attempt to milk the IP for everything they can get.

I wasn't even aware that it was already in production. I guess this begins the onslaught of Disney Star Wars filler movies we can expect as they attempt to milk the IP for everything they can get.

It scheduled to release on December 2016, because Disney want one movie per year.

And I'm not sure if milking is the correct term to use, they are following the model already tested by Marvel (and soon DC)...and Marvel is growing that to 3 movies per year soon.

The Anthology movies are also there to pad the year without trilogy movies, that means they only have to make two of them. I doubt they are going to have a new trilogy right after the new one is done.

Back
Top Bottom