Realms Beyond - Kickstarter Live

"Save potions for later use!"

Hi everyone,

we’re just over 48 hours into our campaign and we've reached an unbelievable ONE THIRD of our goal. And that's all thanks to you, our brilliant 883 backers!

We can't thank you all enough, really, BIG THANKS to everyone. It has been such a busy past couple of days, but we are overwhelmed by the support we have received from fans, friends and fellow developers. Especially the support of fans of classic RPGs means a lot to us. We’re humbled by all your comments and questions on the campaign page, your many mentions and tweets and posts on social media. We’re trying to reply to every one of them, even if it takes a bit longer at the moment as we’re working around the clock.

We’re almost ready for a content update, but in the meantime, we’d like to share with you how the journey started. Enjoy the stunning concept artworks of Robert Andreas Drude.

We will keep you posted on all developments. It'd be amazing if you could keep spreading the word.

Many thanks for all your support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen/posts/2319403

@TomRon;

It seems that you haven't took the hole meanings of my previous post. You may want to read one more time to have the hole picture.

Because, people that read fast, generally can not comprehend more than 20% of what they read. They can't go deeper in meanings and have only a superficial understanding of what they read.

Of course, it depends of the quality of the readings. If you read cheap pseudo literary readings, you don't have anyway much to comprehend. For more advance meaning, more effort is required.

And yes, Intelligent people learn with little effort. 1 time is enough. Less intelligent folks need more times and effort.
This is known.
;)

@Gryniaris;, I actually read and reread through your previous posts several times, and I still think that you're either not willing to understand what I'm talking about, or you're having a different discussion that I am. Since you're earlier posts contain explanations of things that aren't actually valid to the thing I'm talking about I believe it's the latter, as I don't think you're misunderstanding me on purpose.

Your earlier answers simply don't make sense in light of what I've written (make sense to me that is, to you they probably make perfect sense, as ones own musings often do).

I've said my part though, and will leave it at that. Until the next time the topic of voice overs come up that is. Then I'll probably repeat myself like the broken record I am when it comes to some pet pieves of mine.

@Morrandir;

You have reason in your talks but I'm not sure, when you speak for "better cost-benefit ratio", you are referring to the developers or to the Gamers?
First and formost to the game itself which should be better for both devs and gamers.

This kickstareter looks promising. Really would like to see juicy cRPG with TB combat. Hopefully encounter design will be good.

As for VO topic, I appreciate the way they are taking it. I tend to be annoyed by full voice over in text heavier cRPGs. Not only that I read more quickly then the spoken dialogue, in addition there are often in the text parts that are not spoken. Like description or narration. And the spoken dialogue does not make pause for you to get through these parts. That makes it even bigger mess and degrades the story and plot enjoyment for me.

I dunno it looks good but it seems like a lot of money to be paying 2 years in advance. I miss when backing a KS was substantially cheaper...

I have so many games sitting unplayed on Steam already...

Daniel.

As for VO topic, I appreciate the way they are taking it. I tend to be annoyed by full voice over in text heavier cRPGs. Not only that I read more quickly then the spoken dialogue, in addition there are often in the text parts that are not spoken. Like description or narration. And the spoken dialogue does not make pause for you to get through these parts. That makes it even bigger mess and degrades the story and plot enjoyment for me.
You said it better than I could.
For me, voice-overs in text heavy RPGs are like trying to read a book with someone loud speaking in your ear and doing silly accents, it spoils my immersion.
I know it's paradoxal, as voice-over are supposed to immerse me more, but they really don't…
Plus, I read a lot and really quickly, so I always end up skipping them anyway.

Of course, it goes differently for more cinematographic games. I don't think I'd appreciate a silent Red Dead Redemption or The Last of Us (but those games also had a budget larger than the GDP of some countries).

Last edited:
Yep, valid point.

@Morrandir;
Good point but…

The game is property of the Developer.
So, if the game has good cost-benefit ratio,
the benefit goes to developer.

The cost- benefit ratio can be good but the game can be mediocre.
The price is fixed. The gamer will take a mediocre game, with good cost- benefit ratio for the developer, but he will pay the same for a mediocre game.
This is not a Win Win situation.
To be a win - win, the game must be not mediocre but good.
If there is not quality voice acting, the game is mediocre definitely.
So, the gamer that will prepay a game that is mediocre, will do something that is not in par with his interests.
So it's obvious that the people that are trying to convinced us that a game is better to be without voice acting, a state that is definitely illogical, are doing this because they love the developers more than they love the Gamers.

So it's obvious that the people that are trying to convinced us that a game is better to be without voice acting, a state that is definitely illogical, are doing this because they love the developers more than they love the Gamers.
The "people" you're referencing are gamers too, you know. :-/

Nobody is trying to obviously convince you of anything, just stating opinions and sharing tastes.

@Winterfart;
I'm definitely positive about your statement!
Because, a developer that is loved by the Gamers is a good developer!
Otherwise, he would be out of business.
So, I expect the love you give in them to be reciprocating and a good game to be the offspring of this love
:)
Ps. the game must be voiced to be good.

This one will only be partially voiced and yet will be awesome. I put my money on it (litterally)!

This one will only be partially voiced and yet will be awesome. I put my money on it (litterally)!

I'm happy to hear that because, judging so far from their performance, they will need as much as support they can get, to achieve their goal.

I also support them but with no fully voiced dialogs, my support will be strictly moral and will be materialized only when they deliver and reviewed.

Not bad the campaign is at $45,404. It's beating The Waylanders by a few thousand.

Funding your own campaign is against the Kickstarter terms of service. Many projects have been cancelled in the past for doing this.

Back
Top Bottom