Ubisoft insults PC audience yet again

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Another Ubisoft's insult to PC audience

As is already known, PC release is still in works because Ubi wants it not to be a broken mess like Unity was. It's coming on PC in two weeks. But if anyone read:
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-pc-release-date/
The team in Kiev is working to accommodate the myriad PC setups as they optimize the game. Kovalev tells us that PC requirements are still being finalized, and said that there will be no locks on the game as far as framerate and resolution goes. The recommended system requirements will target 1080p and 30 FPS.
And it's okay, fans would be playing the game on 10 year old toasters, right?
Recommended I expected 2Gb RAM, some supercheap i3 and 9800GT in AGP port.
I mean… That's what you need for 30FPS on PC usually. Anything better than that can run anything on 60 FPS (except TW3, but then again, AC hair is not TW hair).

Requirements just got published:
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-pc-specs/

Recommended:
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
•CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
•RAM: 8GB
•Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (4GB) or the newer GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB) or better

"For a recommended experience, the game requires a video card with at least 3GB of VRAM when playing at a full HD resolution. While we encourage you to fiddle with the advanced options to fully customize your gaming experience, please keep an eye out for the VRAM meter usage when you adjust these settings."
Yes, that's apparently what you need to get 30 FPS in AC Syndicate.
I'm not joking.

[EDIT]
Even more "unbelievable" news, Ubi makes an enormous percentage of sales on PC this year. Remember, Ubi's CEO called out PC gamers as thieves (pirates), which brings a question who buys these games on PC if almost everyone on PC is a pirate according to Yves Guillemont:
http://www.destructoid.com/ubisoft-...current-gen-consoles-are-dipping-319194.phtml
PS4 is at 27%, Xbox One is 12%, and Wii U is 1%.
PC is at 20%.

Last edited:
PC is *not* 30FPS max Wii U.

Putting Ubisoft or origin platforms on a computer is the insult. It's just gross!

I know what your saying.

I have both of these on my PC and...... Well nothing happened except I can play their games but I'm sure it's really bad somehow.;)

How did I know this was joxer as soon as I saw the thread title? ;)

I couldn't care less about the Ass Creed games to be honest. In fact, I can't say I care about anything Ubisoft does. The only Uplay game I've spent significant time playing is M&M X, and that wasn't developed by Ubisoft.

PC is *not* 30FPS max Wii U.
Actually, Nintendo has kept to a gaming oriented direction and as such, 60 fps is a requirement for fluidity.
Therefore, 60fps are set as a standard on Wii U, as much as often coupled with 1080p.

It makes sense only for gamers though. Players who want 60 fps because they feel like part of the master race wont notice.

My flat screen is only able to present 60 fps to me ...

And it's okay, fans would be playing the game on 10 year old toasters, right?
Recommended I expected 2Gb RAM, some supercheap i3 and 9800GT in AGP port.
I mean… That's what you need for 30FPS on PC usually. Anything better than that can run anything on 60 FPS (except TW3, but then again, AC hair is not TW hair).
Only if the game is designed for the 360 or PS3.

Modern consoles have a ton of video memory so the video card requirement makes sense to me. They probably don't need the video card's power nearly as much as the memory.

The CPU doesn't make so much sense to me. Why would this game need hyperthreading?? Do they really need that many simultaneous threads?

As for most PC gamers being pirates, that's definitely true. Most PC gamers aren't living in nations where 'rule of law' is a big thing. Even the ones that are seem to be running at about a 50% piracy rate, though it's obviously pretty hard to get a handle on that number.

Most PC gamers aren't living in nations where 'rule of law' is a big thing.
For all I know, richer the country is, more piracy rate there is.
Read some speculations on it somewhere, or was real research, dunno.

Back
Top Bottom