The TV Series discussion thread

You started to watch Berserk finally? Oops, wrong thread.

That was brutal

Yeah, I think they messed up by leaving it a cliff hanger though. I didn't have the same emotional response I would have if they would have shown who died last season.

I was genuinely angry when they introduced negan and what went down at the end of the last episode but giving me so much time to think about it it didn't have near the emotional impact it would have if they'd done it last season.

Oh, I assume your talking about TWD.:)

As I see it there's plenty of good shows on to watch right now without boring myself with the Yawning Dead

Mr Robot S2
Man in the High Castle S2
Stranger Things
Narcos S2
The Exorcist
Westworld

Also I heard good things about..

Evil Dead S2 (i never was a fan)
Quarry (supposedly very authenthic)
Luke Cage (for marvel nuts)

New shows that are deffinitely rubish..

MacGuyver reboot
Lethal Weapon

Last edited:
Yeah, I think they messed up by leaving it a cliff hanger though. I didn't have the same emotional response I would have if they would have shown who died last season.

I'm not sure if it impacted emotional response much, but I thought last season's cliffhanger was lame to begin with. To me, it was just a cop-out. They used it to give themselves more time to think about what they wanted to do. Obviously, it was also used as an extra hook for viewers for the Season 7 premier.

Crazy thing about that episode…
All summer long I kept telling everyone that it was either Glenn or Abraham. I was 99% positive that it was one of them. I guess I was right and wrong at the same time. :)

Anyone that thinks Morgan doesn't crush it as Negan, well, I've two words for you……batter up. I'm glad AMC went for it on this episode, I thought it was great.

Reading my post again I may have worded it wrong I wasn't angry about negan being introduced (he is being acted masterfully) but what he was doing to my beloved characters was what made me mad.

Problem with waiting to reveal the deaths is I had 8 months to process and cool down. Waiting and knowing what was coming actually lessened my emotional response rather than built it up which is the opposite affect of what the producers wanted.

The episode was great I just thought it would have had much more impact at the end of last season rather than telling me it's coming and giving me months to brace for it.

I'm not sure if it impacted emotional response much, but I thought last season's cliffhanger was lame to begin with. To me, it was just a cop-out. They used it to give themselves more time to think about what they wanted to do. Obviously, it was also an extra hook for viewers for the Season 7 premier.

Crazy thing about that episode…
All summer long I kept telling everyone that it was either Glenn or Abraham. I was 99% positive that it was one of them. I guess I was right and wrong at the same time. :)

I suppose it will be different for everyone but it definitely affected my emotional response for the reasons stated above.

They always start each season off with a bang. I hope they get The Kingdom right. They could have some cool story lines. Having a monarchy with Knights during the zombie apocalypse. Kirkman should have done more with The Kingdom in the comic. Hope they explore it more for the TV series.

We've only watched three episodes of Quarry so far, and we really enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out....I was bummed out about what happened to Arthur because I really like that guy as an actor, but I'm sticking with it.

Someone is still watching that drag-o-rama?

stop watching Doctor Who
To do that I'd have to die first.

2nd highest ratings
Since when meainstream measurements mean quality? I bet 2000th episode of Santa Barbara had 1st highest rating back in the day.
Honestly, a show so many people still want to watch probably means it's so dumb even mentally impaired people can understand it. I don't want to go near such stuff.

The thing is how a little indie comic story ever made the main stream is an incredible accomplishment. If it was not done well and wasn't interesting it would have never made it past the first season. So once again you are wrong :)

What did I say about pissing me off on election day grrrrrrr :)

Indie comic story? Little?
Since whnen is Image Comics indie publisher? But okay, if you say Vaughn is indie author and his Saga is indie, okay, maybe I'm wrong.

But do you really believe instead of short graphic novels an indie publisher would risk with a comic that spans on more than 3000 pages in three omnibus compendium volumes (and is still not finished)?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom