The Bard's Tale IV - Free Game Offer Extended

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The offer to get a free game (The Witcher, The Witcher 2, Wasteland 2) for pledgers to The Bard's Tale IV, has been extended with another 24 hours.

As we’re entering day 2, we’re still going strong! We had massive interest in our free game offer, and now our good friends at CD Projekt Red and GOG.com have graciously agreed to allow us to extend the offer for another 24 hours! Anyone who backs The Bard’s Tale IV on Kickstarter in the first 48 hours of the campaign will receive a FREE copy of inXile’s Wasteland 2, or CD Projekt Red's The Witcher, or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. To be exact, this offer ends on June 4th, 6am PST. To be eligible for the free copy you have to back at the $20 reward tier or above.

Help us spread the word! Be sure to tell anyone you think might be interested in this deal and was on the fence about backing, as this will be the last chance to get your free game from us!

We’ve been getting a few questions, so to clarify: We’ll deliver your Steam or GOG.com key for Wasteland 2 or your DRM-Free GOG.com key for The Witcher or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings after the Kickstarter campaign ends and all pledges are collected. Once the campaign is over, we'll have our backer web site ready to go, where we’ll distribute all our backer rewards, including your free game. With Kickstarter’s aid, we are able to track exactly when you first pledged, so if you pledged at $20 now but later on want to upgrade, don’t worry, we’ll still know you were a backer in our first 48 hours!
More information.

This company is great. I really like the way that they do business.

Yeah, I ended up backing them too. I don't necessarily care for their games that much, but I do appreciate how they go about business in general. I backed at the $95 level, so I will have the map and beta access. I doubt that I actually participate in the beta, but maybe sea will allow me to transfer to someone who has more time/interest if I don't. I will also give away whatever game they end up giving me as I have multiple copies of W1 and 2 and don't need a 2nd copy Wa2 so that will benefit a Watch member at some point.

Just backed this project. Can't wait for this an Underworld Ascendant... glad I didn't get run over by a bus during the last two and a half decades!

There will be a flood of freebie keys for TW1, TW2 and WL2 in a few weeks…
I'll toss mine, whichever I get, on the pile too. :)

TW2 is on sale at GOG for $3, had it been 2 days ago I would have bought it, luckily the kickstarter happened one day before them!

Five weeks is just too long for me to wait on a Wasteland 2 key. If it were delivered within 48 hours I'd back in a heartbeat.

I backed both Wasteland 2 and Tides of numenera and since this WL 2 turned out to be really good I have no reason to stop there.

Just backed this project. Can't wait for this an Underworld Ascendant… glad I didn't get run over by a bus during the last two and a half decades!

I hear ya! Backed them both and Torment. Man this will be great.

I'm likely to play it upon release, but I don't really feel like showing my early support for what smells like opportunism and yet another fan-service "safe" game.

I don't have a problem with making safe choices and using the community to make a living for yourself as you do what you enjoy doing - but I also can't be too enthusiastic about it unless they're advancing the genre, which I doubt they will.

@DArtagnan

If your looking for innovation they are looking to work puzzle elements into the items themselves to for example unlock poison effects on a weapon. Supposedly its like the Room but I'm not familiar with the game at all.

I'm also not sure its really a safe game given how Legend of Grimrock 2 sold despite being good. Knowing that I think Inxile will have to really blow people away with the presentation and polish.

@DArtagnan

If your looking for innovation they are looking to work puzzle elements into the items themselves to for example unlock poison effects on a weapon. Supposedly its like the Room but I'm not familiar with the game at all.

The Room is a pure puzzler.

I love puzzles, but that sounds odd to me. Not really what I'm looking for in an RPG.

In an RPG, I'm a big fan of riddles and puzzles that make sense given the environment, including elaborate traps.

I hate abstract puzzle elements for the sake of having them. But I guess we'll see how it turns out.

I'm also not sure its really a safe game given how Legend of Grimrock 2 sold despite being good. Knowing that I think Inxile will have to really blow people away with the presentation and polish.

LoG2 wasn't crowd-funded, though. Didn't it sell well? I was under the impression that it did pretty well for itself.

This game smacks of using the Bard's Tale name and the Wasteland 2 success to create a small-scale RPG with a reasonable budget and a highly experienced team. It doesn't really get much safer than that.

Nothing wrong with that at all, it's just not what I'm looking for.

Bard's Tale was great in the ancient past.

But I'd rather poke myself in the eye than play through it today. Obviously, they're just using the name and a few elements to profit from fan-oriented nostalgia - but I'm not hearing anything really exciting so far.

It's important to keep in mind that I wasn't excited by Wasteland 2 or MMX, either. Both were decent games - but they didn't advance the genre in any way - and I happen to think Fallout is far superior to Wasteland 2 - and MM3-8 are far superior to MMX.

But that's me.

but I also can't be too enthusiastic about it unless they're advancing the genre, which I doubt they will.

With perhaps a few minor exceptions, I almost hope they don't advance the genre. Guess I'm their target audience.

Back
Top Bottom