Elder Scrolls Online - Clockwork City

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
MMO Games checked out the new Elder Scrolls Online addon Clockwork City:

The Elder Scrolls Online: A Look at the Clockwork City

The Elder Scrolls Online has been kind in offering us lore that we never thought we’d get to see, and this brand new foray into the Clockwork City is no different. For those of you who don’t know, the Clockwork City is a miniature metropolis located deep beneath Ebonheart, unknown to most of those living in Tamriel. The city was created by Sotha Sil as his ideal image of Tamriel, though after losing Sunder and Keening at Red Mountain, he retreated into his creation and lost touch with the outside world. Your journey through the Clockwork City will be highly eventful, whether you want to explore the rich environment and take in the extensive lore or you wish to take on some of the world bosses. Either way, this is one DLC that’s going to blow your mind as you explore a miniaturized version of Tamriel.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Since the base game is in the Humble Monthly next month I will give it a try. As long as it has that TES vibe and lore I might be able to enjoy this as a single-player experience.

The next TES will pretty much be some online VR BS, so why not say goodbye now?

I have been playing ESO as a single player game. Will join up with groups for a few world bosses. I have been having fun exploring and doing some crafting. The Halloween event going on right now has also been fun.

I played ESO as a single-player game for a while, but at the end of the day, it's still an MMO and was eventually ruined for me by…people. :p

But, if you are so inclined, it is easier than most to play solo. At least when I played it, exp was slanted toward its quests, so it was much more viable than usual to level simply by doing quests, if not the fastest route. And the quests weren't so bad, either.

Soloing wasn't so easy PvP. Hard to find someone alone, and when you did, you'd immediately get mobbed. Plenty of the usual zerging and people huddling together like scared sheep. Or maybe I just didn't know the best spots. I didn't put much time into it.

Since the base game is in the Humble Monthly next month I will give it a try. As long as it has that TES vibe and lore I might be able to enjoy this as a single-player experience.

The next TES will pretty much be some online VR BS, so why not say goodbye now?
It will have a online part for sure , a manor for your character cost nothing in solo elderscrolls you just download it from the nexus or workshop. A manor in eso cost 60 euros or more , furnished with the most basic stuff , then you have to add another hundred of euro to make it looks good.
That's just the top of the iceberg, there's countless skins, potions, mounts, crafting styles, to buy . They are even targeting gambling addicts with loot boxes with a small % chance to get the rare mount you wish .Everything is cosmetic, but who wants to looks like a peasant….
As for vr i am not sure we are ready, it requires high end hardware, i've read you need 90fps to not get motion sickness, anyone tried it yet ?

As for vr i am not sure we are ready, it requires high end hardware, i've read you need 90fps to not get motion sickness, anyone tried it yet ?

I don't have a headset (yet), but I spent some time with an Oculus Rift a couple of weeks ago (Mostly Robo Recall and some Tilt Brush (3D drawing app) and some other demo). It was really fun and pretty mind blowing in some ways. I don't understand why some gamers are afraid of it, as it is going to replace normal PC gaming. It's certainly a great experience.

I don't have the newest hardware myself, but some people told me that I'd be able to scrape by with my old i7-950, newish GTX 960 2GB and 6GB RAM, but RAM will probably kill me most. Furthermore, some people have claimed that they're fine with 45fps, but you know how some people will always have different experiences and/or only want the highest fps possible.

I think mainstream VR is around the corner, if it's not already here.

some ways. I don't understand why some gamers are afraid of it, as it is going to replace normal PC gaming. It's certainly a great experience.

700 euros a vive + 2000-3000 euro for the rig and constant 90FPs in 4K, that without any guarantee it wont make me sick after 5 mins .It's not even a matter of getting the highest fps possible , that's the amount recommended to avoid motion sickness.
There's not any place to try it here, i know no one who uses it , no demo system in any shops either, of course not they are reluctant to make money it seems.

Back
Top Bottom