SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest - Review @ IndianNoob

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IndianNoob has reviewed SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest:

Spellforce 3 : Soul Harvest Review (PC) - Real Time Role Playing Strategy Done Right

SYPNOSIS
SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest is a standalone expansion to 2017's SpellForce 3. The game released for PC on steam on the 28th of May, 2019. It is a real time strategy game with RPG elements developed by Grimlore Games and published by THQNordic

DETAILED REVIEW
As you people may know by now, I love my strategy games. Real-time or turn-based, they always invoke some sort of a rush in me. Add a mix of RPG elements to the fray and the feeling intensifies. Handling those systems in a manageable way is no easy task, and has a lot of scope for being a tad too much. Does this standalone expansion to 2017's RTS-RPG hybrid SpellForce 3 live up to my expectation of the genre-melt? Let's find out.

[...]

VERDICT
SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest is a fitting sequel to SpellForce 3, and is a marked improvement over the previous game. The perfect balance between real-time strategy like Age of Empires while managing the equipment of your characters like Divinity Original Sin makes this game a joy to play through. I highly recommend getting it. The full price is ₹980, which is a very good price for the content offered in the base game. There's also mod support to extend the game into the direction you wish. Get the game. Highly Recommended!

Score: 8.6/10
More information.

Anyone playing this? I've never played a SpellForce game but have always been intrigued... however, the RTS aspects always keep me away, as I am not an RTS fan.

I'm also curious. I've played the old ones. For someone thinking about trying the new one, is the standalone expansion enough of an improvement over Spellforce 3, and not tied too closely to the narrative of the first, to start there?

I'm replaying Spellforce 3 now, and will play the expansion once I'm done. I've already bought and installed it.

Played every game so far but just started the expansion. For me the original games are the best as the sequels each tried to tweak the formula they lost something.

So not saying the sequels are bad just different that's all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom