|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Gaming BS of the week

Default Gaming BS of the week

June 7th, 2019, 04:37
Evil EA at it again.

loading…
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

June 7th, 2019, 10:15
Until there is no law that would make spending millions within one worthless product pretending to be a videogame illegal, we'll continue to see stuff like that one from EA.
A videogame needs to be defined as a pay once product. Once that's set in every country's constitution, market atrocities like EA's microtransactions milking machines will finally stop being covered by gaming sites and will be called differently. I don't care if the words used will be immersive sims, ugoigo or other meaningless whatnot. We already have a word for a specific product type that isn't a videogame although is advertised as such (cowclickers - thanks to late TotalBiscuit, I miss you man). It's just that those are not videogames.

…………………

https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-is…sion-detailed/
Destiny 2 is going free-to-play, moving to Steam
Any Destiny news is bs of course, this is just a reminder that there is a product that should be crowned as a bs game of the year.
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; June 7th, 2019 at 12:09.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

June 14th, 2019, 13:54
Never thought this will happen but it did: CDprojekt appears in this thread.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2…or-over-usd400
CD Projekt warns against buying Cyberpunk 2077 E3 jackets on eBay after listings pop up for over $400
Well excuse me, but you can't open an online store that doesn't operate outside of EU (with certain exceptions), a store that has like about a dozen pieces max of all CP related items listed so everything is sold out, then alert fans not to buy stuff from ebay because eventually, no date specified, Godot will arrive with normal prices.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 14th, 2019, 16:19
Don't see the complaint, really. It's a warning to those who may consider that this is their only option to get one. I'd never buy a jacket for $400 regardless, but there are people who might, who will now delay their buy given that information.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

June 14th, 2019, 20:42
Greed has always been a very strong force throughout humanity.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

June 15th, 2019, 18:44
loading…

Watch only the first few minutes. Or all of it, doesn't matter, the gaming bs that needs to be singled out as the worst of them all is the starting thing (number 10).
A gadget noone should care about, some plastic rubbish, priced at whopping $180.
I thought it's a joke, it's not. And I know instead of shoving them off, whales will buy it.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 17th, 2019, 22:46
It seems that CDP became an enemy for some social groups and journalistic activists. They continue to write about transphobic CDP.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019…bia-right-now/
http://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-207…ys-the-artist/

"Its just, as with any kind of sexualization, thereís a fine line between empowerment and objectification. Itís not at all apparent from the image itself that we are supposed to be disgusted by the exploitation. Instead, it looks like an image youíre supposed to laugh at, with trans people the victim of the joke."
Its interesting to compare angry RPS article about CP 2077 with this kind of flattery for Bloodlines 2:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019…dlines-2-demo/

Did CDP become "evil company" for them? Warhorse story again? Are they really butthurt about some CDP tweets or is there also some other reason for this campaign against CDP?
--
----------------------------------------------------------------
New videos of RPGs/story-driven games (+ENG subtitles):
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rastm4N/videos

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

June 17th, 2019, 22:51
Oh no CDPR an enemy of certain social groups and journalistic activists.

Still remember the outrage earlier this year that got a community manger fired over a few tame tweets. As for Warhorse I love their replies to certain social groups.

56c2f85b27ca81444a96ee11c28a0c0ebb70b6ff.jpg
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Gaming BS of the week