Dragon Age: Inquisition - Second Major Patch

Aubrielle

Noveliste
DA:I will get its second major patch today, improving some of the most notorious bugs, and will include a fix for PC controls. Those that like good things will like it.

jcQ448FwF2DK.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

BioWare will release the second major patch for Dragon Age: Inquisition on December 9, but it won't be the last. According to a post on the BioWare website, the second patch will address stability, gameplay and multiplayer issues ranging random crashes, an eerie lack of party banter, AI glitches and improved Mantle performance, among other things.

The patch has a series of PC specific fixes including unspecified PC control tweaks, but these areas will be further addressed in a planned third patch. "After Patch 2 goes out, our next priority is to improve the PC mouse/keyboard controls further. We’re investigating how to expand on PC usability and functionality to address specific requests from the community," the post reads.

Here are the general notes provided by BioWare:

<strong style="background-color: initial;">Stability[/b] – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.

<strong style="background-color: initial;">Gameplay[/b] – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.

<strong style="background-color: initial;">Multiplayer[/b] – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.

<strong style="background-color: initial;">PC[/b] – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.

The studio also promised new features and content will roll out in the coming months, both to the single player and online components.
Original article.

Patch notes.

More information.

Don't expect the PC patch and full details for a few more hours (probably will go live at 8PM CET).

A new catalyst (AMD driver) is also released today. Careful with that one, some people report not able to run the game after installing it. Maybe you need to apply today's game patch first.

XBOX 360 patch is already released.

I checked for update an it said it installed 1 but i'm not sure as it took only a couple seconds.

I didn't notice a difference though so maybe it didn't install.:S

Anyway I did get this error when I started the game so maybe their solution was to just make using K&M an error.:lol:

Attachments

• ScreenshotWin32_0008_Final.jpg
    ScreenshotWin32_0008_Final.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 27
Eh?
No, the actual patch on Origin is still not available. What you got there in a second-two could be Sims 4 stuffpack (horse armor).

Eh?
No, the actual patch on Origin is still not available. What you got there in a second-two could be Sims 4 stuffpack (horse armor).

Possibly, it doesn't appear it was a patch or anything as nothings changed.

Do they have a version number somewhere? I couldn't find one.

If they do I didn't see it before, other (recent!) EA games have separate version.txt or similar file inside Documents/EA/gamefolder, but not DA3. Although it's possible it does get added with the patch.
Will definetly check later on EA answers, if noone wrote anything, I'll ask.

More content! Yay!
Did you get your season pass Joxer

What more content? LOL
In DA3 you mean? If there will be more content aka DLC I'm not expecting seeing that for at least 6 months.

And I'm not buying season passes. It's rich companies pretending to be poor and trying to milk the cash that should go to:
1. charity
2. kickstarter projects

DA3 doesn't have season pass. If it had, I'd never buy the game. Just as I didn't buy FarCry4 (and I wanted that game badly, I'd kill someone to have that game - but then they put season pass on it which ment it's yet another skipware for me - until they pack it up with all crap DLC they plan to make and sell the whole pack for 10 bucks max).

So yesterday I was playing and I finally got to the part where you meet Hawke from DA2. I was so excited until the game paused and asked if I wanted the default Hawke that we saw in commercials, or did I want to create my own Hawke? I was first upset as to why I bothered with the Dragon Age Keep at all, but when that fit had passed, I started recreating the Hawk I had used in the earlier game since apparently his appearance didn't import.

…so about 30 minutes later, after the excitement and suspense had long since been given a swift kick, I get to meet Hawke. I discovered that meeting the Champion of Kirkwall was soo intense for my PC that he started acting British, accent and all. In fact, my PC sounds a lot like Hawke now, so I'm convinced that the Champion of Kirkwall is now using my PC as a meatpuppet. I'm sure there's a sidequest that will get him the hell out of me. Damn mages.

It's a known bug with voices and happens if you create a new Hawke.
Thus use default Hawke till it's patched.

Hmmm… Perhaps I should make known bugs thread like I did with Risen3 on DeepSilver forum? I mean… Such threads on Bioware forum are full of bullshit reports about things that are not bugs at all, lol
And there is no such thread on EA answers, there was an attempt of one in very bad shape (no details, just vague notes).

It's a known bug with voices and happens if you create a new Hawke.
Thus use default Hawke till it's patched.

The Champion of Kirkwall transcends bugs and patches. He brought the 'awesome button' with him and made a meatpuppet out of the Inquisitor.

It's my game. I'm rolling with it.

The Champion of Kirkwall transcends bugs and patches. He brought the 'awesome button' with him and made a meatpuppet out of the Inquisitor.

It's my game. I'm rolling with it.

Jajaja :lol:

Actually it *is* live, cca 300Mb.
If the download didn't start automatically, rightclick on the game then "check for updates".

Changelog:
http://blog.bioware.com/2014/12/09/dragon-age-inquisition-patch-2-notes/

Nice to see at least ChaosT's issue above got addressed:
"Fixed case where users who changed their voice off of default, would have their voice set back to default when interacting with Hawke’s chargen settings."

So did "ea touch-up" crash during installation of the patch for anyone else?

Any thoughts on the PC controls improvements?

F key is nice for pickup all. No crashes so far in a hour of playtime(major improvement)

There is apparently a mesh issues with the patch on PCs. Most graphical settings get locked to "low" or something like that. Shiny hair for all!

Back
Top Bottom