Skyrim Save the World

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Badger

Watcher
Morning All

How many save games are you up to?

I'm clearly saving faaaaar too often! I save a few times every journey and I save after any combat which lasts longer than a few seconds. As I creep up on the 600 saves mark I wonder if I am in fact addicted to saving. I also wonder what happens when it hits 1000!!!

Badger

Are you saving or quick saving? I didn't think quicksaves got numbered.

I quicksave all the time, but my normal save is on about 118 or something.

I'm at around 120 saves and played for 105~ hours.

Huh I just made about 10 main saves, now I just resave over the bottom one. Between those and quick/auto saves I have plenty.

Daniel.

Hmm, I'm bad. I only save about once every 4 or 5 levels. I use quicksave and autosave too much.

With 220 hours, was at roughly 390 numbered savegames before I deleted most of the non-strategic ones. Now I'm down to perhaps 50.

Then again, one of my savegames crashed and nearly destroyed my Rifton house: most of it became transparent, and there were several other strange happenings concerning the house. I started from another, earlier save game which fixed most of the problems, but one of my bookshelves didn't survive the glitch. Use is only unidirectional now, but I can live with that for the time being. I have no intention to go even farther back in time because I would lose someprogress by doing this.

Wow. At level 34, 75 hours in, I am up around 500 saves. I save all the time. After every enemy encounter, or whenever I do something, anything, enchant a dagger, walk a small distance to a cave, anything. I'm always afraid my game is going to freeze and I'm going to lose my progress if I don't save a million times.

Yeah I save a bunch also, I'm around 70 hrs with 400 saves or so. I think given how the game used to freeze up during the first few days of play, I'm always going to save cautiously.

-Carn

I sometimes delete some. And I press F5 pretty often. Especially in bigger battles with many soldiers involved (like the one around solitude), (my) Skyrim suddenly crashes: disappears completely.

I have over 500 by the numbers, but I regularly clean out the SG folder.

Damn… some of you guys are just insane with your amount of save games. For this type of game, I usually end up with about 50-75, max.

With all the auto saves you have to get more than 50 SG's. I hate having to replay sections, so I save frequently, especially in dungeons where missing a pressure plate (cause it's covered by branches) can mean instant death!! :)

I have plenty of saves but it's because of frequent CTDs. Crashes went away but the habit remains...

I save every few minutes to avoid losing a lot of time when it crashes. However, I primarily use auto save and quick save unless I'm saving for a specific reason, so I have no idea how many saves I have.

My highest numbered savegame is probably 30-something, and that's after nearly 200 hours on several characters. No idea how to check the number of quick/auto saves I've had. Don't even know if it's possible at all.

Had over 500 on my first playthrough, over 300 on the second. I don't see why they made it so those periodic autosaves only happen when you open up the menu, when I go from one town to the next I can go over an hour without opening up the menu, if the periodic autosaves happened during regular play-time I wouldn't have to manually save so much.

...if the periodic autosaves happened during regular play-time I wouldn't have to manually save so much.

But my guess is that you would. :lol: Some people are just compulsive savers.

Back
Top Bottom