Steelrising - The new Spiders RPG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
MrMattyPlays collected some info about the upcoming Spiders RPG - Steelrising:

The Action RPG NO ONE Is Talking About - Steel Rising

Spiders is at it again announcing something dope and not garnering much media attention. Sword Art Online has taken the top spot and while we can't do much about that, let's highlight this newly announced RPG.
More information.

that ceo chick said it was more action than rpg, so i will wait for gameplay

that ceo chick said it was more action than rpg, so i will wait for gameplay

Her comments did make it seem much more action-y but I suspect gameplay may be deeper than their initial description. Could actually be pretty unique if done well.

"The RPG no one is talking about"?
wtf?

Another silly streamer who's living under the rock I guess.

wtf?

Nah video titles have to be catchy are you don't get views. Same for articles.

Anyway as said already if feels like a niche developer becoming even more of a niche developer. The whole premise of this game just doesn't have mass appeal.

Hopefully it sells like their past games to keep them afloat. This will probably be the first game from Spiders I have minimal interest in. That's sad as I enjoyed their other games.

wtf?

I’d say the titles pretty accurate. He has 387,000 subscribers but the videos only got 13,600 views.

Man. Given the subject matter they had to turn it into steam punk with Louis the XVI as a megalomanic tyrant. Louis the XVI was generally an enlightened Monarch who wanted to be a "good king" and often provided explanations for his policies as serving the public good. Of course the Seven Years War, Frances involvement with the American Revolution, the decreasing productivity of French agriculture in the 18th century microclimate, drought and famine did not help. I would have preferred a more nuanced portrayal of Louis XVI. Maybe Assassins Creed Unity's take on it wasn't so bad. Man.

I'm intrigued by the games they make and expected them to make that breakout hit in the next few years, but this seems to be going in a more obscure direction again. And I'm also not a fan of the time period or setting for this one.

I’d say the titles pretty accurate. He has 387,000 subscribers but the videos only got 13,600 views.

There is a huge difference between noone talking and noone cares about streaming rubbish.

Man. Given the subject matter they had to turn it into steam punk with Louis the XVI as a megalomanic tyrant. Louis the XVI was generally an enlightened Monarch who wanted to be a "good king" and often provided explanations for his policies as serving the public good. Of course the Seven Years War, Frances involvement with the American Revolution, the decreasing productivity of French agriculture in the 18th century microclimate, drought and famine did not help. I would have preferred a more nuanced portrayal of Louis XVI. Maybe Assassins Creed Unity's take on it wasn't so bad. Man.

They are French. They beheaded the guy and did songs about it.
Their National Day is the first day of a string of events leading to that beheading.
What exactly do you expect?

They are French. They beheaded the guy and did songs about it.
Their National Day is the first day of a string of events leading to that beheading.
What exactly do you expect?

To be cynical, apparingly someone was living under a rock.

Back
Top Bottom