Shadow of the Tomb Raider - More RPG Elements

I've played the first game of the rebooted series and was pleasantly surprised. I liked that Lara wasn't the badass as you knew her but she started as an average girl.
I guess that for the newer games you again have the "old" Lara so I'm not that interested.

The result of people confusing means and end, getting to characterize RPG through supporting elements like character progression etc

As written years ago, the future is RPG and the future is now.

Honestly, I've always been amazed at the sheer popularity of these titles. I slightly understood it when the original Play Station had so few offerings, but nowadays, I really don't get it. I played the first two back in the day and I'd consider them average games, and barely that.

They're fun action/adventure games, though they really lacked competition, so they stood out more. Modern ones are technically better, but more streamlined, accessible with less "identity".
This is kind of wrong direction though, I'd focus more on world interactive elements/more open gameplay than Lara unlocks passive stat bonuses.
Plus more acrobatic style of combat, sort of like RE VI.

Back
Top Bottom