Goodbye from me

P

purpleblob

Just want to say bye to everyone.

It was getting rather obvious that I'm firmly in "minority" with just about everything and I am getting rather tired of hearing opinions that are always opposite to mine with no one really being able to understand how I feel - completely out of place.

So, it is rather difficult to find a reason to hang around - must admit, it's doing any good for my mental health either.

So, good bye. I hope everyone continues to enjoy gaming.

Damn not another long time member leaving the site. :(

Who will I talk about certain RPGs and my love for RTwP games now?

You'll definitely be missed purpleblob.:hug:

Sorry to hear that you're leaving. I've been a member here for a while, but I've mostly lurked for most of that time. Despite mostly keeping up, and browsing through new posts, I'm completely unaware of the context. Out of concern/curiosity I guess I'll be looking through purpleblob's posts?

Edit: Is this about RTwP? Am I missing something deeper or older? Is this because purpleblob prefers RTwP?

Really? How said. You seem really nice.

All I know is really, really like Baldur's Gate.

I know the feeling! I have many unpopular opinions too. But it makes us who we are. Be proud of who you are.

Wishing you a future full of happy travels, Pathfinder.

ivqM5mc.gif

For those who are unsure of purpleblob's taste, blob has quite a prestigious history on the site and has so far reviewed the following games officially for RPGWatch:

Stardew Valley 14/06/2016
The Aieland Saga 24/05/2017
Expeditions: Vikings 25/09/2017
Pathfinder: Kingmaker 27/12/2018

Which to me doesn't look like a very controversial list of games that would generate very much in the way contrary conversations, though I was surprised when blob didn't include either Stardew Valley or Expeditions in her Game of the Decade vote along with Kingmaker.

This suggested to me something was up, but I didn't wish to pry. So perhaps it is now the right time to pry? @purpleblob; , have you been thinking about this for a few weeks? Or is it just fatigue from the recent onslaught of turn-based extremists posting in the Pathfinder threads that have driven you mad?

Edit: Is this about RTwP? Am I missing something deeper or older? Is this because purpleblob prefers RTwP?
Well partly but yes it seems a few vocal watchers who hate RTwP have been picking on her in various threads. I for one love RTwP RPGs and dislike turn-based ones.:)
I know the feeling! I have many unpopular opinions too. But it makes us who we are. Be proud of who you are.
Exactly my friend. Never stop being who you are because of online public opinion.
I prefer turn base but don't remember picking on @purpleblob. If i did i'm sorry.
Wasn't you but a certain SirJames.

Last edited:
@purpleblob; - I hope that you don't go. I really like your insight about games, your reviews and you're passionate about RPGs.

I haven't follow recent discussions, so I don't know the cause of your dissapointment. But let me assure you, your opinion is valued by many, even if they don't take part in every discussion. So please stay.

When someone leaves, some pathos is in order I think.
BUT.

To slightly paraphrase Rick Gervais's wonderful Golden Globe rants: this is just an internet forum, nobody cares about.

If you are upset about certain things here - don't worry. This is just a forum.
So, sit back, relax, and Live a Life (clever jRPG reference here!).
And most importantly, go play those wonderful games you really like without all the trolls.

You'll eventually calm down. And if you wish, look back here for a good laugh (geez, these lovable f*ckers are STILL arguing about those petty things?!)

Well, here's another vote to you staying.

I don't think having a different opinion is a bad thing. I think it's a great thing.
So hope you stay.

Anyway we haven't fought I think and I value your contributions to the community.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi purpleblob

Please reconsider! We need a diversity of voices and contributors on the Watch. Or maybe take a short sabbatical and return to the site after a break. Lurk a bit maybe and resurface when you're ready.

For what it's worth, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and sensing the excitement in your words regarding games that you play and like. To be honest, I haven't fully got into Kingmaker yet - but it was your passionate posts that helped influence me to eventually pick it up.

I also think there are more people here who share your opinions than you may think, so don't lose heart. :)

I haven't been posting much these days - too little time and my disappointment with a couple of kickstarted games I was strongly invested in has affected my desire to become immersed in RPGs in recent times; particularly newer games. I've been playing lots of MAME though (even competitively online) which has been great.

That all said, I'm still hanging around; lurking and reading posts and perspectives from Watchers, keeping up with the news posts...(cheers to you guys for keeping it going) . It's reassuring to know one can return to catch up on this at any time.

Don't leave Purple. You're one of the main reasons I tried Expeditions: Vikings. I loved that game. Great review you did there.

When I read the topic I was hoping it was a few others that decided to leave. I won't say any names.

Another post to ask you to reconsider Purple, I enjoy, admire and value your posts. If I see your name, I'll click on and have a read. I also took another look at Kingmaker because of your posts and found a game I really liked, after feeling so overwhelmed by it initially. Look after yourself, perhaps a break might have you feeling differently xx

For all I remember you were the only person on this board who never slammed me when I said Stardew Valley is simplified Sims.
I'm aware I didn't make things any easier for you by stigmatizing timers in a game that would be 10/10 without those, but... Never ment to hurt anyone on the board, hoped devs will read it.

I say don't go. Definetly take some time off the forum. But we need your input. Without a variety of opinions this site would turn into a sad place.

Please don't go, PurpleBlob! You're so passionate when talking about the games you play & love, we need your insightful reviews and opinions here :)

I can totally sympathize with Purple as I too often feel out of place here. I actually was all set to leave as well a while back, but I received some nice PM’s from a handful of people here and Purple was one of them. They convinced me to stay and I just changed my posting habits and took thing much less seriously.

Hopefully @purpleblob; will see this thread and take her own advice that she gave me and stick around. It would be a shame to see her go. :(

Back
Top Bottom