Movies/TV to watch during Corona

Dr Strangelove!!!

Because of that film, I only drink rainwater and pure-grain alcohol. One of the few enduring comedies, which often don't age well.

Millennium is a darn fine show. See, these are the kinds of shows I'll rewatch these days rather than the current drek that's available, and laughing passes for any sort of entertainment.

It sure is. Though, some of the episodes haven't aged very well. And I very much liked the first and second seasons a lot more than the third.

Weird how The X-Files got a lot more mainstream acceptance than Millennium. I also saw all 9 seasons of the X-Files 10 years or so ago. It was nice. But it was mostly for the very likable duo of Mulder and Scully. Most of the Monster-of-the-week episodes have aged quite badly. But the main conspiracy plot was pretty good. But nowhere near as good as Millennium.

Another reason I'm rewatching it is that for years now I've had a specific memory of scene that I think is from this series, but I'm just not sure if I ever saw it, or if I dreamt it. It involves Frank Black going down a set of outside stairs (attached to a building face that's on an interior courtyard). And he gets shot at the bottom of the stairs.

Anyways, I'm not sure at all why that memory has stuck with me, but I keep wanting to go over the series to finally confirm if such a scene is in Millennium. I'll have to see.

Another reason I'm rewatching it is that for years now I've had a specific memory of scene that I think is from this series, but I'm just not sure if I ever saw it, or if I dreamt it. It involves Frank Black going down a set of outside stairs (attached to a building face that's on an interior courtyard). And he gets shot at the bottom of the stairs.
It has been 20 years but I think I remember Frank Black having a vision of being shot by his moustached buddy (Terry O'quinn) on a staircase, or someting like that…

It has been 20 years but I think I remember Frank Black having a vision of being shot by his moustached buddy (Terry O'quinn) on a staircase, or someting like that…

Really? I hope so. I'm looking forward to the last episodes even moreso then. I just finished Antipas, with the final appearance of Lucy Butler (unless I'm mistaken)? I loved this recurring character.

Come to think of it, I also loved Terry O'Quinn in it. Would have loved more of him in the series. He's one of my favorite actors that never managed to get more recognition. I loved him in LOST.

I liked The Prisoner a lot... until the last episode.

During all this time of the pandemic, I watched so many movies, to be honest, I made a list of the most interesting ones. Who did this?

I've been re-watching old shows that I know I like, rather than wasting time with newer ones that just might me feel like I've wasted time. I've rewatched X-Files, Twin Peaks, Battlestar Galactica (first version in the seventies done, still need to watch series four of the more recent iteration), the Sharpe series (a damn fine show and even better novels), and a few others. I want to watch Millennium, I don't have the dvd's for that one so I'll have to see where to catch it online. Right now I'm reviewing Downton Abbey (on series three) and Fringe (just completed series one).

And gosh yes, the Prisoner is a damn fine show. I re-watched that a few years ago while in Canada during a serious chilly spell, might have to pencil that one in for another reviewing at some time.

Fraggles

Back
Top Bottom