Pricewatch!

And its also perfectly reasonable to poke a bit of fun at joxer for talking about a phone game no matter the context.

Sorry if I overreacted a bit there. In my line of work I've just come into contact with so many people with opinions about things that they don't actually know anything about, but who are willing to sabotage my work because they have opinions but are not willing to actually find out if their opinions correlate even remotely close to reality (and it's getting really tiresome to have to deal with it).

And here you are obviously talking about something that you have absolutely no clue about (why would you do that?). I have several hex-based tactics games on my phone that are more complex than drakensang in terms of mechanics.

My whole post was a joke, anyone that knows joxers posting history would know that.

So I'm assuming you don't.

OK … again, enough nonsense!

This is PRICEWATCH - reporting deals. joxer reported on a freebie deal that included The Bard's Tale, the port of the inXile PC game that plays fairly well on tablets. That is a reasonable thing to post and might be helpful for many members.

Are you kidding? A sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste.

My point was that there has been too much 'random chatter' in this thread ... which should be dedicated to posting deals.

Speaking of which ... GoG is having a decent set of sales, and I also noticed that they have Trine 1 & 2 and the pre-order of Trine 3 for a great deal.

When I started this thread.. 9 years ago O_O ... I worried that would happen. Fortunately, I noticed that it always corrected itself and got back on topic. If a topic got into too much conversation (I'm looking at you DArt!) the people involved in it tended to start a new thread.

So, its never been a problem IMO.

And yes, I get the irony...

My point was that there has been too much 'random chatter' in this thread … which should be dedicated to posting deals.

Speaking of which … GoG is having a decent set of sales, and I also noticed that they have Trine 1 & 2 and the pre-order of Trine 3 for a great deal.

Oh, I don't generally have a problem with off topic chatter but I get some people do.

Btw, there's a sale on something somewhere. ( just to stay relevant);)

And to be fair ... I haven't even finished *installing* the stuff I bought between GoG, Steam, Gamersgate, Amazon, etc ... over the last couple of weeks.

And joxer has to wonder ... how can you pay to win when the game is free and there are no in-app purchases ... :)

Ye olde pen and papery stuff, some of the old Cyberpunk 2020 books are on sale. I've never had any exposure to this one, but I've heard a lot about it over the years. We're due for some good new cyberpunkness, I think.

Trine 1 and 2 are excellent but a bit short. I don't mind short games myself. 3 doesn't look as good as those games are perfect as a simple sidescroller imo.

Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death VII bundle on Steam for, get this, 44 cents. 2 RPGs for 22 pennies a piece. Even I can afford that. :)

OK, another non-computer RPG, but this one's something everyone interested in RPGs should have read just to understand where we've come from. The original AD&D players handbook, or a cleaned up reprint from a few years ago, is out in PDF now. That page also has a good summary of the differences in the D&D that came before, if you ever wanted to know where the thief class came from.

An excellent bit of history.

You always wanted to make a game… But all those dev tools are expensive and confusing? Not to mention plugins?
Such a shame, because…

1. You've made music scores so brilliant and just need a tool to make them into your portfolio to show to EA. You'd be a millionaire after that, Jeremy Soule who's that!

2. You're disgusted by low quality sprites and silly etc in games, you made better ones with your left foot, it's just… You can't make them in a game. And your art is gathering dust now.

3. Why all those RPGmaker games feel the same? You have an idea that'd be a completely unique experience! If only you could realize the potential bestseller somehow.

4. Your game stories would put Bethesda out of business, it's just… You don't have means to make them as a game.

5. Bethesda? Peh, not just actual stories, but your ideas about romances would mean the last coffin nail to Bioware and all those japanese virtual novel developers! If only… Yea… Tough life.

Humble Bundle to the rescue!
https://www.humblebundle.com/

For $12 or more you get crapload of stuff named Game Making bundle you'd toss normally $2.000 to get.
I know… They could have added Unity, CryEngine, IDtech, whatever else also in it… Maybe they will in another instance. But for starters, the current bundle looks great. Give me a nudge if you start a KS project, I'll pour at least some beer pocketchange into it!

Last edited:
Summer sale on GMG, valid today only -25% voucher on everything:
U0YUJE-K8INIA-G8MEVQ

Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no… Hell beth said they're working on polishing the game (I posted it) and I have nothing against shooter/RPG hybrids in fact I like it, so it ended like this:

pic.jpg

Reasons:
I don't think -25% on preorder of this game will be possible anywhere else (except on shady sites), plus GMG in the case of utterly broken Arkham Knight will refund the cash to anyone who's game doesn't work after the first patch so there is also hope they might do the same here if FO4 is bug-o-rama.

Remember, the -25% voucher will work only today!
http://www.greenmangaming.com

The GMG sale is actually a four day thing ... not sure if they will have different % off coupons. Today is a bunch of zombie games on sale. TOmorrow has shooters, Sunday has RPGs and Monday has racing games.

True, but the normal coupon is 20%, this one valid only today is 25% off. ;)
And I don't think they'll pot preorders on sale…

One thing more. I actually wanted to preorder DX:MD, but it's not available on GMG (yet).

Pre-order a Bethesda game? You know the community will need at least three months after the game is out to fix most of the worst bugs, Joxer! ;)

GOG has a pretty major Square/Enix sale going on. If you're looking for an older Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, or Thief game then now is the time. Omikron: The Nomad Soul and Anachronox are on there, too, and many others.

Back
Top Bottom