Vampyr - Story Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Wccftech A new story trailer for Vampyr tells the tale of Jonathan Reid.

Vampyr, the upcoming action-RPG from DONTNOD Entertainment, will release June 5 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The game's wider narrative arcs are unveiled today in a captivating Story Trailer, brought together with an eerie cover of (Don’t Fear) the Reaper. Returning from the frontlines to a London devastated by war and disease, Dr. Jonathan Reid awakens to a once-hidden world of ungodly creatures, secret societies and vampire hunts.
More information.

Seriously? Another trailer?
Stop with Destiny rubbish hype schemes and release the damned game already.

Games need marketing to become successfull. Nothing wrong with that.

Those are the recommended requirements, not minimum.

Witcher 3 has i7 (but only 8gb ram), and FFXV has both i7 & 16gb ram as recommended requirements.

Also the game says right on it's steam page that it's launch date is June 5 2018 so why people get bent about them attempting to market their damn game is beyond me.

Doesn't affect me one way or the other since I'm generally cheap and wait for stuff to be 50% off anyway. But no marketing = less game sales.

Those are the recommended requirements, not minimum.
IMO unless stated differently, those are supposed to be recommendations for 60 FPS with high settings on 1080p.
You know which game needs i7 and 16Gb of RAM for that? A proper game? None.
Among unoptimized trash where you need a supercomputer an example is AC Origins that would benefit from more cores in Threadripper or i9 though thanks to it's horrible code. But even that crap of a code doesn't need 16 gigs of RAM.

Witcher 3 has i7 (but only 8gb ram)
That's written, true. I assure you it doesn't need i7 to go 60 FPS with everything turned on hairworks included. Or my i5 and my 8 gigs of RAM are some alien technology. TW3 needs 3+Ghz CPU and as strong as possible GPU. Unlike mentioned ACO that needs future technology CPU where GPU is just chilling.

FFXV has both i7 & 16gb ram as recommended requirements.
Yes and they've put it (a note on the bottom) as recommended for 1080p 30 FPS. I've posted somewhere previously it's ridiculous - the game, with hairworks (in fact I enabled all gameworks options) enabled and on i5 and 8Gb of RAM can pull 60 FPS on 1080p. What they didn't recommend is SSD. The game behaves poorly on classic HDD regardless of other components. Why, noone knows. Everyone however knows Square Enix is not experienced with PC and not recommending SSD but wasting cash on silly i7 instead is not a surprise.
Unlike SE, Focus Home Interactive is not inexperienced when it comes to PC.

In case you're wondering why I don't have problems with gamestutterworks, my GPU is GTX 1070. But Vampyr supposedly doesn't use any of those things.

Not sure about this one. When I first heard about it I was kinda hoping for a kinda modern Bloodlines style game.. But it's clearly not that. Seems a lot more linear with a bunch of random fights thrown in.

Life is Strange was pretty enjoyable, (until the ending which made all your choices irrelevant) so maybe this will be. But it's definitely not a day one purchase for me.. Probably more like someone I'll pick up eventually on sale if the reviews are mostly good & PC users are actually able to run it. Yeah those recommendations are ridiculous but they're only an estimate.

Also I assume it will be Steam only?

Yup, so far Focus was faithful to Steam when it comes to new releases.

Back
Top Bottom