Divinity: Original Sin II - Top of the Mods!

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update for Divinity: Original Sin II focuses on the newest patch and other news.

Welcome to Kickstarter Update #45!

Welcome to our very first post-release Kickstarter Update! What a crazy ride it has been. We just hit the million units sold milestone last week, and we simply could not have done that without this awesome community.

We were floored by the response to Divinity: Original Sin 2. Watching everyone play, discover our little surprises and share their feedback over the past three weeks has been an experience like no other.

Thank you so much to everyone who played our game, to everyone who streamed the game and to everyone who took the time to review the game. And, of course, the biggest thank you of all to you, our backers!

Here are some of the games stats since we released DOS2:

• 93% rating on Metacritic
  • 94% User Rating on Steam
  • 4.5 out of 5 on GOG
  • At one point 92,000 people were playing concurrently (RIP Servers!)
  • Average play time: 55.5 hours
  • Median play time: 35.5 hours
  • Review scores such as a 10/10 from GameSpot, 9.75/10 from Game Informer and 9.6/10 from IGN
But we’re not finished yet! We have a Patch and other news to share. Here’s Swen to tell you all about it:

Vote for Us!

We are nominated for Best RPG in The Game Awards! We’re truly honored by this nomination, and darn it: we want to win!!! So please consider voting for us, either through the official The Game Awards site or by Googling “The Game Awards”. This second method is great if you don’t have a Facebook account. You can vote daily until Wednesday, December 6th!

Patch 5 is Ready to Go!

On the fifth day of Christmas, Larian Studios gave to thee: Patch number five… whoopee? Sorry, that was harder to rhyme than we anticipated.

We’ve been hard at work creating this latest DOS2 patch which includes a host of new usability features as well as fixes for some of the rarer bugs. For example, if you are playing with a controller, you now have an easier time selecting doors. If you are playing Game Master Mode, characters can be re-rolled. Lucky Charm now works no matter which party member checks the barrel. And much more!

Check the Patch Notes here for all the delicious details this latest patch brings!

It’s Modding Time!

One of our favorite joys about being a game developer is seeing the creativity of our players. We released our first Modding Tutorial Video to help you create your own mods to DOS2!

We currently have close to 900 unique mods, including class mods, GMM campaigns and story campaigns.

A quick list of some of our favorites:

• Change party size - Play with all of the companions at once. Swen hates it!
  • Crafting overhaul - Everything in Rivellon now has a recipe!
  • Class mods - Play as a Void Knight, Dragon Knight, Druid, Tempest or Bard Class.
  • Divinity Ball - We’re now a sports game!
  • Arena Challenges - A new story campaign for those looking for more challenges.
  • Chronicles of Divinity - A big campaign that looks to add content within the story and post story of DOS2. In the meantime, the creator is currently releasing the maps he creates as GMM maps!
  • Noisy Crypt - Fun story campaign created by Windemere and Nimue
  • An Ultima Style Mod - Includes character creation in which you must talk to a gypsy to create your character
[...]
More information.

But they also continue to improve stuff besides of bugfixing.

For example the hotkey bar with it's detailed settings it has now.
And you can send stacks of items to your stash now. Sending items was also implemented in an patch itself.

I am already through the game, but the speed they are patching is quite good nevertheless.

Change party size - Play with all of the companions at once. Swen hates it!
I definetly need to replay this game, only dunno when will I find time for that.
I hope that January announcement is about their next game. Although it could be about a console release I suppose.
And I bet they've hired Beamdog to port DOS&DOS2 onto phones. :evilgrin:

Not sure the phone has enough memory. These games have been rather unoptimized and used liberal amount of memory (4+ GB).

I definetly need to replay this game, only dunno when will I find time for that.

Still hopeful they clean up the last 1/3 of the game which was (imho) rather messy.

But they also continue to improve stuff besides of bugfixing.

For example the hotkey bar with it's detailed settings it has now.
And you can send stacks of items to your stash now. Sending items was also implemented in an patch itself.

I am already through the game, but the speed they are patching is quite good nevertheless.

Totally unfair this game is not nominated for GotY. Such overwhelming good scores, from journalists and players, should have been enough.

I never replay RPGs, so only type of mods I'm interested in is user-created campaigns. It'll probably still be a few months before big ones pop up, so looking forward to that.

I don't think they would hand DOS and DOS2 to Beamdog, but they could have a go at Divine Divinity probably :)

That would actually be nice. Played Divine Divinity maybe 5 years ago but experienced some problems with newer hardware (and in newer I mean a phenomIIX3 and a gtx260).

I'd like to see them try! The game would maybe boot up and play a little before crashing. Then it would be just wait until 2.0 - you will be amazed by this palette swap and big head mode. :p

I'm sorry I know this was listed in another thread but could anyone recommend a few good mods. I'm about to play for the first time. What is the one where magic items last for more then 1 lvl. Mods like that is what I'm looking for.

I'm sorry I know this was listed in another thread but could anyone recommend a few good mods. I'm about to play for the first time. What is the one where magic items last for more then 1 lvl. Mods like that is what I'm looking for.

I don't remember the exact names, but I use the following:

Faster run speed
Free Pet Pal (a talent you absolutely need to have)
Reduced weight (inventory managment is a pain without it)
Bedroll source point regen (you can always regen source points without it, it's just a hassle)

Didn't use any, but three of Dart's everyone should use. The fourth however…

Faster running sadly isn't faster hit/cast in combats, but still nifty when you need to reach a distant point on the map.

As my lead character wasn't STR based but still had high luck to loot containers, I was constantly forced to shuffle inventory items trying to keep them organized and to avoid overcumbered state. It's not some huge problem, but anything that will help all of us who don't play STR based leads is welcome, and that's exactly reduced weight mod.

Bedroll source point regen will simply cut away time where you'd have to go to source tank then waste time on grinding the source liquid, then walk/run back wherever you were previously just because pyramids don't work in targetted area. Anything that removes some type of grind is IMO a must. Not in DOS2, but everywhere. So grab it. DOS2 is not a grinder like DS garbage or other console/phone RPGs, but still, if something is grindy it has no place on PC. IMO.

Free Pet Pal kills the original design where one starting NPC has the skill and you should "suffer" if you refuse to add him in your party or your protagonist doesn't have it. On that mod, I have to say skippit. Originally ment to function as choice&consequence thing, the mod introduces cheat2win. If this game was EA's or Ubi's, free Pet Pal would probably be buyable through a microtransaction or preorder bonus freebie, let's not turn Larian into EA/Ubi/Warner/Konami, please.

Thanks you two. Those are good suggestions. I remember a lot on this site saying that magic items are worthless after lvl up and there is a mod that keeps your items useful longer. I will do some digging and find it.

Thanks you two. Those are good suggestions. I remember a lot on this site saying that magic items are worthless after lvl up and there is a mod that keeps your items useful longer. I will do some digging and find it.

I haven't tried it but I think it reduces the exponentiality of power of magic items (like, a level 22 helmet is like 75% stronger than a level 20 helmet).

The scaling mods will do that @Hastar;. I'm running with "No numbers bloat", and I find the experience far better than vanilla in regards to both loot scaling and power curves. The balance is pretty much the same but you will see much smaller increases in Vitality/Armour/Damage values, which also makes the difference between gear levels less drastic.

I also use the faster running mod, probably couldn't stand playing without it now.

I hope this time the game will have mods like in skyrim that alter gameplay such as introducing tavern games or turning the world into a strategy game.

Back
Top Bottom