Paths & Danger - a mixture of Darkest Dungeon and Battle Brothers

Cruz182

Watcher
Greetings,

We recently launched a test demo of our most recent project, Paths & Danger. We are a team of 2 working on this.

Paths & Danger is a procedural turn-based RPG, the game is a mixture of Darkest Dungeon and Battle Brothers, actually got inspiration from both. But has an innovative gameplay experience. We hope you enjoy it.

Check out our test demo:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1403990/Paths__Danger/

Also, we launched a Kickstarter Campaign to help fund this project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/981998119/paths-and-danger

Hope you enjoy it, we would love to hear some feedback.

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot5.jpg

Just tried the demo and let me tell you this, vastly better than the Darkest Dungeon. This is in fact what I would like Darkest Dungeon to be.

The narrow hexagonal grid space while in the wilderness is just perfect. It gives enough room to deploy tactics while not being too overwhelming. The UI is simple and intuitive and I skipped the initial tips on purpose to see how hard the mechanics could be figured out. In no time I was mastering the whole concept; it just took me a little longer to discover the space key feature to move all characters at once, but that's on me :).

I'm aware the demo has only the 'Easy' mode and I fully get you guys to want to make sure the player gets to experience the whole concept but I wish I could see how the regular difficulty feels like.

The only thing I can say as improvement is having animations playing with easings curves. I believe that that way they will feel much more natural and organic, for both the characters and UI.

The sound FX is simple, suitable, and crispy providing all that is needed. The combat music, while very simplistic, provides just enough ambience and tension without being too distracting.

I think you guys have a solid concept here. The only thing I'm not particularly fond of is the least important one, which is the game's name xD. Regardless, I would say you guys know what you are doing so, triple thumbs up for this project.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom