Next sms text app removed from google play store?!

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Does anyone know about this? This was a hugely popular text messaging app, that now apparently has been removed from the google play store?

Handcent Next sms messaging app for android phones. I have used this app for literally years, and now google play says "Your device is at risk - harmful app found. This app is fake, and tries to steal your data or take over your phone"

WTF? It was one of the most popular messaging apps on there, because it had a ton of different skins you could get for it, and customize the text messages background.

I can't find it on the google play store anymore, but whats funny is you can still find skins for the app on there.

Is this a mistake, or has anyone heard this hugely popular text messaging app was really found to be a trojan or fake or something after years and years??

I can't find anything in tech news about it.

And I have the option of deleting the app, or re-enabling it, which are the two choices given by google play store.

Received same message- Next sms removed from play store

Found one site, cannot retrieve it where Next SMS posted that it's an error with Goggle play and they're working to resolve. No way to prove whether that's accurate since I'm having same difficulty finding any other info. Will post here if something changes. I despise the stock sms... but will not allow access until it's back on Google play... I'm hoping it's not a ploy by Google to use it's facility.

Sometimes I get these odd texts that say something about SMS being required, for some reason they never seem to load on my mobile and I simply delete them. I receive other texts normally yet I've often wondered exactly what those failed texts were all about.

Back
Top Bottom