Beyond Good or Evil 2 announced (Its officia!!!l)

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq
Indeed. The sting at the end of the credits left me wanting more on that one. Let's hope it rekindles demand for the original too -- it didn't sell anywhere near as well as it deserves. The screenies look very next-gen... let's hope the charming graphic style carries over, though; these look a bit on the grim side.

The title says that this was the first trailer.

I bet that there's at least a second one coming. ;)

(I like the "Spaghetti-Western" theming ! ;) )

Great news, I hope the gameplay will be as fun as in the original!

First one left me cold, but I hope this does well all the same. Seems like a lot of people enjoyed it, and I'm all for innovation when it actually matters.

Well, that's the special art style for it.

On the contrast, I feel "cold" for other types of games. ;)
Left 4 dead, for example.

I've got the original in a closet among a pile of games I've bought for 1-3eur from various supermarket sales without even looking at the back cover.
No such thing as too much games, right? - at least if they cost 1-3eur a piece :D

So.. the front cover looks really annoying but you're saying this one is actually worth playing?

Well, it's Peter Jackson's favorite game, if that means anything.

Seriously, I really liked it. The gameplay is varied, well paced, and just plain fun, the art style is characterful, and it has great music. The voice acting is on the whole excellent as well. It's the very opposite of "hardcore," but in a good way. It's also not very long. I definitely recommend you give it a spin; if you find that you don't care for it after an hour or so, then all you've lost is about an hour.

Note: you might have to tweak your graphics acceleration settings, or you'll get all kinds of weird artifacts, such as Jade's eyeballs floating about a foot from her head, or that sort of thing. I don't recall exactly what I had to change to fix it, but it was one single setting related to performance, and it was via the nVidia control panel. Other than that, the game was rock solid.

Back
Top Bottom