Dragon Age: Inquisition - New Game Details

Looking forward to this myself - DA2 was a bit of a disappointment in a variety of ways but I also enjoyed the different approach. I also adored DA1 so if DA3 actually goes back towards that in some ways I am excited. I don't instant buy Bioware anymore but I liked what I read in the post. Especially:

- Areas will change based on what time it is
- Weather impacts exploration
- Rain can make a bog muddy, making travel slower

Actually I liked lots of other things as well but that jumped out at me. Love weather in games.

Going to have trouble finding time - Still playing Skyrim, plan on trying ESO, got Project Eternity coming, Divine Divinity OS coming, and currently playing Torchlight 2 and SR3 with a friend and plan on playing SR4 when it comes out ... and I never in a million years thought I would enjoy a game like Saints Row - so not my style. But playing with a friend its a riot. So guess I have branched out a little.

Actually Atari was what stopped the sale of the premium modules for NWN and Bioware was still planning on releasing more before Atari stopped it.

Should have known it was the cursed Atari.
PS. You can get NWN with everything (including all premium modules) on gog so you can easily get it now.

Huh? How? The Diamond edition lists only the Kingmaker premium module. It's really the Kingmaker "expansion" which also includes witch's wake and shadowguard? No mention of infinite dungeons, pirates, wyvern crown…

So far I'm really liking what I am reading about DA:I. It does seem like they are making a point to address the bigger criticisms with DA:2.

I'm kind of surprised by the announcement that multiple races are coming back. I wonder if they will use the same voice actor for each (probably).

I also like the fact that they are using a semi-open world approach, rather than moving between dots on a map like the first game. If it is handled like KOA:Reckoning, I would be content with that.

This one is definitely on my "looking forward to" list.

I'm kind of surprised by the announcement that multiple races are coming back. I wonder if they will use the same voice actor for each (probably).

It wouldn't have happened if EA didn't give the game a one year extension and the same voice actor is "almost" confirmed. Mike said unsure and I read it as "it needs to fit in the budget"...

Anyone else really dislike the chantry/mages conflict? My main memory of DA1&2 was NPCs EXPLAINING things to me about this oh so awesome world they put together. Constant exposition.

Skeptical, and I actually enjoyed DA2 somewhat.

Should have known it was the cursed Atari.

Huh? How? The Diamond edition lists only the Kingmaker premium module. It's really the Kingmaker "expansion" which also includes witch's wake and shadowguard? No mention of infinite dungeons, pirates, wyvern crown…

Sorry I was mistaken about that. The modules are actually free to download from the Bioware forum.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Nev...usly-purchased-Premium-modules-4746466-1.html

Since the verification server went down you can just install those and play them.

Last edited:
Thanks Guenthar, that's a great link. I thought the premium modules had been lost for good.

And we discover that the Fade is a familiar place since Normandy crashes in front of our feet. Whatta fantastic ending for DA trilogy!
Yea, it'll need some work and "director's cut" later since fans will rage, but hell, who cares.

Yea, and DA4… It'll be about whatever. Morrigan there? Flemmeth? Someone else? Nah. They dead. Or somewhere with Sheppard. In Limbo or whatnot.

I literally spat hot coffee over my monitor XD

Jokes aside, if anyone can do this right, it's Bioware.
If anyone can screw this up magnificently it's Bioware.

No choice but to wait and see.

Ok, so now we are down to 3 different races and 3 different classes? Hurray Bioware.

Hm? There's always been only three classes and races in Dragon Age. Warrior, thief and mage are the classes. Dwarves, elves and humans are the races. This is not new. I assume the classes still have specializations like "blood mage" etc, but it's simply not stated here.

Anyway, I like the idea of leading an organization, as long as there's an actual impact. Let's hope they get it right.

Back
Top Bottom