Bioshock 2 pushed back to 2010.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
A sizable delay has just been just announced for Bioshock 2. Take-Two is now saying it will be released sometime in the first half of 2010.

"The decision to shift a release date is never an easy one, especially with a product as highly anticipated as BioShock 2. We felt that it was essential to invest the additional time to ensure that this title will deliver what its fans expect and deserve. As a result, we will now be launching sequels to several of our strongest franchises - including BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption - during the next fiscal year."

http://ir.take2games.com/releaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=396166

Personally, Max Payne 3 is the one I'm really looking forward to playing.

Im not sure. I thought Max Payne 2 had an excellent ending.

What I have heard about the MP3 plot, it seems they ripped that ending apart, and after the quote "this is Max as we've never seen him before" along with Rockstar as the developer, I will take MP3 with a grain of salt.

Max Payne had a very distinct writing (one of the few games that I consider "art"), that used metaphores through and through. Even if Max Payne were for storyreasons outside of the law, he was still an idealist. None of rockstars protagonists have been idealists as far as I know. I have to say that this feels a bit like when Bethesda got their hands on Fallout 3. I highly doubt that Rockstar will be able to make a sequel to Max Payne that really feels like Max Payne.

I Liked Bioshock(haven't played System Shock) but I can't see how the sequel will be anything else than milking.
I'll agree though that MP3 may prove interesting.

I never played Mafia ... but heard good stuff. Bioshock was a good game as long as you didn't get hung up on the 'spiritual successor' thing ... and MP was good fun.

So MP3 will be out next year too? Cool, I loved those games. Hated the movie, but loved the games :)

I never played Mafia ... but heard good stuff. Bioshock was a good game as long as you didn't get hung up on the 'spiritual successor' thing ... and MP was good fun.

You should play mafia. It has perhaps the best story, great dialogue and most interesting characters Ive seen in a computer game. They were so good that I still remember them.

I know - Dhruin has a love for the game and everytime it comes up he mentions that we should all play.

As for MP3, after the movie ... well, I hope that isn't the state of how they think things should be done.

I rarely listen to MP3s.

Back
Top Bottom