Legacy of Kain

I didn't find a thread about this. If there is one, sorry I couldn't find it.

Are there any Legacy of Kain fans here? I'm a huge fan of the series. It's brilliant when it comes to story-telling, has really nice dialogs, two beautiful characters from all points of view(Kain and Raziel), and has exquisite voice-actors. The story has two themes that make the game really atractive, imo. The existence of free will and being able to time travel.

My favorite serie would be Soul Reaver, as Raziel is my favorite character from all games.

I am a great fan of the series too, I haven't played them all.
I did play Blood Omen2, soulreaver 2 en legacy of Kain defiance.
I like raziel for his will to fight and never give up. But I also Like kain, He is such a badass and trying to do the impossible.
It was a pity defiance didn't had the puzzles like S2 and BO2

Are you the Kain fanatic that I made the avatar for back at the 'Dot??

Ive played the original, and rented Soul Reaver and loved it. I picked one of the other ones up about a month ago (i think it's Defiance) used at gamestop for like 5 bucks, but havent played it yet. Still playing Overlord and old school NES titles.

I warn you, defiance is great storywise but it gameplay is nothing more than a simple action game. Only a few puzzles. Some were hard but most werent.
But I was glad I played it and sad when it was over. It was a good game. I hope there will be a new game in the serie, but I doubt it

I'm in love with this series, I played all the titles and I hope a sequel will be announced.
This series has the best story in a video game ever....

I am a great fan of the series too, I haven't played them all.
I did play Blood Omen2, soulreaver 2 en legacy of Kain defiance.
I like raziel for his will to fight and never give up. But I also Like kain, He is such a badass and trying to do the impossible.
It was a pity defiance didn't had the puzzles like S2 and BO2

Just like me. I didn't play all of them either. I could never get my hands on Blood Omen 1 and Soul Reaver 1. Although I've got Blood Omen 2 I haven't found time to finish it. I started it twice now, and didn't finish it. I'll have to make some spare time to finish it.

Yeah, too bad Defiance didn't have any puzzles. Especially like the ones in Soul Reaver 2. Those were seriously complicated.

I just hope they will release a new one. I know the story came full-circle, but they can still build on it. But it's very probable that there won't be another one, since I heard that 3 members left. 3 important members of the team.

I just hope they will release a new one. I know the story came full-circle, but they can still build on it. But it's very probable that there won't be another one, since I heard that 3 members left. 3 important members of the team.

1 of them being Amy Henings the director and Dialog writer:(

Another fan of the series here (although I generally don't like vampires). I do favor Raziel over Kain :).

There are hints of a possible addition..

In the game Tomb Raider: Legend(The latest of the series), there are unlockable things like Lara´s gothic outfit, and some part of outfits that actually has the angelic/vampiric/demonic symbols reprensenting Raziel, Kain and other stuff in the LoK series, as well as if you complete the game on 100% you will unlock a weapon.. Guess which? ;) Yes, it is the Soul Reaver!

Reading into these facts, there MAY(nothing for certain in anyway and not mentioned anywhere) be plans for a sequel/prequel or something that adds to the series. We all have to remember that Eidos has never officially said that Defiance is the FINAL game, though they have neither said that they will continue the series.

Hopefully, if its impossible to get Amy back into the game they can find someone as good and as interested in making more of the games we all love so much. Even if I regret to say this, but it would have to be without the Ancient God, since the wonderful voice actor has passed away and I wouldnt have the same feel if any other took over his role as the sinister mind behind most of the plots.

Well, I´ll continue my work on my pen-and-paper LoK rpg during this fall, still have to figure out a working system for combat that flows fast, free and without too much dicerolling. ;)

if ppl wanna talk about LoK and the Soul Reaver series, harass me on msn: ferrettwister@hotmail.com

Ciao

I played some of the Soul Reaver released for the PSP on the PSN Store recently ... pretty fun stuff.

One of my all time faves.

Such an original game. Amazing voice acting, great story, hypnotic music, fun gameplay.
Tried playing it recently on the PS2 but those load times are dreadful.

They should remake this, only NOT in 3D.

Soul Reaver was a decent game but nothing like the original, more a Tomb Raider type game in a Gothic environment.

Back
Top Bottom