Jedi: Fallen Order - Impressions

This game has LOT less mobs than DS. I would say about 80% less mobs than DS games so even if you die, you are not killing 100s of mobs to get you where you were. We are talking about 10 mobs max. Other thing is that you have multiple difficulty levels and even on the 3rd highest its noting compared to DS.

This game is a platformer and DS and Shadow of Mordor are not. Most of my deaths in this game are due falling down since I missed timed my jumps! Also this game is a puzzle even more than DS so you will spend lot of timing finding your way. I would say so far, 60% of my time is running around and figuring out how to get to places. Combat is about 30% and rest 10%. As you can see combat is not a huge factor at all.

So far I am actually enjoying the platformer aspect and puzzle solving nature of it since I have been able to figure most of the stuff without too much trouble but I can see why some people may not like this or I might begin to hate them if they get too annoying!

Also unlike Shadow of Mordor, jump timing matter. In Shadow of Mordor and Assassin Creed, your character will easily latch on stuff but not here so timing matter and where you jump matter as well.

Also Shadow of Mordor is very "open" world and its not a puzzle .

All my impression are based on the first 3 planets in the game and I don't know how many more plants to go!

Alright, thanks for letting me know. :)

Really like the look of this, and what I'm hearing about it. Braced for disappointment as SW games are usually pants, but quietly optimistic.

Looks like a game I might enjoy. Fun star wars stuff for the xmas holidays. Although I'm not a big fan of savepoint based save systems, I take this fun relaxing sw romp with open arms which I hopefully find time to play as things calm down a bit. I went through those trailers and seeing this jedi fellow ignite his lightsaber and then slashing through bunch of strormies and dark jedi made me feel like that kid dreaming of that time in a galaxy far, far way once again. Bzuhzzzzzzzuhzzzzzuhzzzz!!!!

ps. if you're a star wars fan like myself, I urge you to watch the new series mandalorian. Awesome stuff.

Back
Top Bottom