C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Don't worry. There are plenty of options to adapt UI/HUD to your preferences:
https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/cyberpu...be-turned-off-a-lot-of-hud-settings-optional/
When asked specifically about "damage numbers flying on the enemies heads", and whether or not players can turn this feature off, Momot said: "We are planning on allowing players to turn off/on a lot of the HUD elements."

Additionally however, there is a certain IMO highly questionable design choice. Choices to be precise.
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/570131-cyberpunk-2077-hardcore-difficulty-no-ui
Cyberpunk 2077 hardcore difficulty setting will disable the game’s UI
Means, when JDR plays the game for the first time, because he can't play games on normal difficulty but only on hardest, nothing will be "telegraphed" on screen. :)

I believe it's an awsome idea to disable *all* onscreen elements in "iron mode", but there is something else that makes it irrelevant.
Mushrooms emulation.
While the hardcore setting is obviously aimed at dedicated players, CD Projekt Red is also thinking about novices and players not used to first-person shooters. Many players will likely be coming from the Witcher series after all, which is anything but an FPS. On this, Liu confirmed that the game would also have difficulty options for those players, on top of the hardcore mode. He even pointed to the “smart gun” from a previous demo of the game as something that players who’re not used to aiming in first-person can use.
This smart gun is nothing but digital autoaiming mushrooms.
So you start the game, go "iron mode", watch some boring TV show, wash dishes, clean the floors, dig a new well… and the game plays by itself through emulated mushrooms killing everything - yay, you got yourself the most important "iron mode" achievement in a game you basically didn't play at all.

As the game is still in development this will most probably change as having an autoaim weapon within hardest difficulty sounds ridiculous, right?
So I'm not gonna add it to the bs thread. Unless it remains in the release version… ;)

I really hope they make the hardest mode meaningful this time.

It took Bethsoft forever to figure out how not to do it - and here's hoping CDPR doesn't take as long. The UI thing could be great - but it all depends on whether or not the design has been planned around that option.

Because if the game was designed with the UI in mind, then simply taking it away will more than likely just be pointless frustration.

However, if they've considered it from the start - and implemented "natural" ways to observe what you need to observe - and find your way around, etc. - it could be magnificent.

I don't think I've ever seen a developer go that far, though - so I remain sceptical the game will have a proper difficulty for my tastes.

That's alright, though. Few open world games get balance and difficulty right. As long as it's moddable - it should be cool.

So called hardest mode only 0.000001% of people will play and a few percentages will cheat to get the most important achievement.
I really hope it gets removed on the release.

There is no need to have a rainbow of difficulty modes in any RPG. Normal needs to be challenging, easy needs always active mysterious stranger perk (Fallout) and that's it.
NonRPGs that have nothing but style need the difficulty rubbish spikes to cover for lack of substance. Okay, nonRPGs and the new plague, some RPGs that have nothing but silly combat or random generator inside.

As for the balance, I get smallpox when I hear that word used by developers in singleplayer games.
It's awsome not to have dumpstats in a videogame, sure. But it's also fun to discover something is OP, easily pwn previously hard to beat boss then share it on RPGwatch.

First and foremost a videogame needs to be fun. If it's not fun, no balance and no difficulty mode will save it. In fact IMO these two can ruin fun.

But before anyone gets a wrong idea - I'd rather see development budget money wasted on balancing/difficulties than on random generators and repetition/grind/busywork. Between several evils, of course I'll appreciate lesser ones.

That's the problem with modern games, joxer.

The lack of proper balance means you don't discover something is OP - it's served right up to you and you don't have to think about it.

I love discovering OP builds - but it needs to take some effort, or it becomes meaningless.

Balance doesn't mean nothing works well :)

Of course, one needs to keep in mind that it's very, very hard indeed to create a good balance for huge open world games, especially when mechanics and progression are both aiming for something other than shallow.

Even harder when you're aiming for the mainstream - and you want to keep them all happy.

That's close to impossible.

Now, personally, I would actually prefer having a single difficulty - based on the vision of the lead designer.

But that doesn't work in games like CP2077 or, say, Skyrim. Because they can't really afford to focus on a single unified vision.

Well, it would certainly be a huge risk not to appeal to the masses through having multiple difficulty levels.

So, I don't blame CDPR or Bethsoft for having weak ass balance and relatively shallow mechanics.

Again, as long as I can mod the games - I'll find something that's right for me.

Incidentally, I recently played W3 with the W3EE mod - and it was night and day.

So, so much better in terms of gameplay and meaningful progression.

Skyrim is a game where you get every possible skill to max, head all possible guilds and yet you can't go Fable spousing in every town but can marry only once (at a time).
And it has no story.
Now in that game thousands of difficulty modes are required as there is nothing else that can make the game more interesting. Officially. Unofficiall there are mods to fix lack of fun (and remove everspawning counters grind horrors).

CP2077 is supposed to be a completely different game, starting with no loadscreens on every single cave entrance. :)

Maybe you should try with another example. :p

I can't think of a make-joxer-actually-use-his-brain example.

Maybe you can help?

Not really no. I don't use pills chems and you need something stronger than pot. :p

Moral of the story you seem to miss. CP2077 won't be Destiny clone. It also won't be any EA milking scheme. If it does get some mmo mode, it'll be content sold separately instead of being enforced on a buyer who doesn't want it.
Everything else, in this year and the next one, about any upcoming game, is pretty much irrelevant to discuss about. Balance, difficulties, stories, combat, visuals, music, name it. All of low importance as it doesn't (try to) manipulate you by any means.
Buzz creating is a sort of manipulation, sure, but it's needed for feedback and in the end you won't feel doomsday will happen if you don't pay for some bullshit.

If only your opinion about what was relevant made sense and was something I was sufficiently invested in to change my mind :)

It's all about tastes. And when tastes get dangerously close, stubborness takes the lead.
Thus we won't agree even in cases where objectively we should. Want an example?
Forbrydelsen is 10/10. Was, is and will remain.

We won't even agree that there's such a thing as "objectively should" :)

Forbrydelsen is around 7.5/10 - mostly because of supreme execution. The writing and plot was middling and overly convoluted.

That's about as objective as I can get.

That said, I do remember it helped tremendously in getting over a bad break-up.

Incidentally, so did Broen.

Maybe I should give them more credit :)

Broen is 8.5/10, though.

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-loot-relationship-system/
Deep relationship system, you can befriend a lot of NPC’s. You can also become more than a friend to them, having multiple relationships all at once is also possible. Of course not every NPC will have the same sexual orientation as you, so if you wanna bang them…. might need to try in a different playthrough.
Well, damn. I bet the second mod will unlock everyone (first mod being nude mod). :evilgrin:

Also, no word on possibility of more than 2 in one bed… *sigh*

https://www.vg247.com/2019/08/28/cyberpunk-2077-gender-less-character-creator-major-tweak/
Cyberpunk 2077 character creator no longer offers binary gender options

“And our character creation menu, compared to the last demo, we now give you so many more options,” senior concept artist Marthe Jonkers told Metro at gamescom.
“For instance, you don’t choose your gender anymore. You don’t choose, ‘I want to be a female or male character’ you now choose a body type. Because we want you to feel free to create any character you want.
“So you choose your body type and we have two voices, one that’s male sounding, one is female sounding. You can mix and match. You can just connect them any way you want.”

Jonkers added that this also extends to race and style choices, as the tool now includes more skin tones, hairstyles, tattoos and other personalisation items.
The change was the result of feedback the team had received following the first demo’s reveal, without necessarily going out and consulting people from different minority groups.
“We just wanna know what we can improve on because we want to make a really good game and we really wanna make a game that everybody is comfortable playing,” said Jonkers. “But at the same time we’ll tackle difficult issues. It is a cyberpunk world after all.”

Not sure what to think of this. I do love when stale designs are improved, sure. On the other hand it's a first person perspective game so a character creator this "rich" seems kinda overkill.
In all honesty, unless NPCs will react differently to varieties of main character, this can't be much fun. But if the game will rotate itself 90 degrees and play towards you differently depending on certain combination used during character creation, hell, gimme!

I could care less about the binary gender stuff - let people play as they want. If I can make my own character that is all I worry about.

BUT what I do care about is third person and more and more this game sounds like an FPS with some RPG elements.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/01/cyberpunk-2077-is-now-entirely-first-person-apparently/

According to a Facebook message exchange between a fan and Cyberpunk 2077‘s social media profile that was posted to CD Projekt Red’s official forums, every cutscene will be in first-person. Before you ask, a first-person camera will also be used in scenes featuring fornication between the protagonist and various NPCs.

I am sure it will be a rocking game but whats the point of customizing your characters features and outfits if you don't even see them? Bah.

EDIT: Update: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/02/cyberpunk-2077-cut-scenes-sex-scenes-will-now-first-person-10669356/

Update:

It turns out the reports about no more third person cut scenes are only partially true, with Global Community Lead Marcin Momot taking to Twitter to confirm that there will still ‘occasionally’ be third person cut scenes, as well as a few other instances where you see your character – such as when driving.

It still seems as if they’ve reduced the number from what was originally intended though, in favour of more first person sequences.

2/2 That said, players will still be able to see their characters in the inventory screen, during driving sequences, in mirrors and, very occasionally, in some of the cut-scenes.

— Marcin Momot (@Marcin360) September 2, 2019

There are quite a few cut-scenes in third person in the released content already. Of course those might not be intended to be in the actual game...

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-public-gameplay-demo/
CD Projekt Red’s Fabian Mario Doehla reached out to us shortly after the post went live, clarifying that there isn’t a single Cyberpunk 2077 presentation being held at EGX Berlin, but multiple throughout the duration of the event which should amount to a total of 4 hours. He additionally pointed out that these presentations cannot be truly considered public, as there are age restrictions so not everyone can legally attend them.
EGX Berlin is set to last from November 1st till November 3rd.

There was a leak I recently watched ( of this year's demo), gameplay looks very good with improvements to hit feedback, fantastic visual effects, open level design and options with skills/abilities.
Only concern at this point is how they'll handle difficulty.

reviewers fastrun the main story and the game will be a bit of a challenge to them. just a bit so they don't whine the main quests are impossible, 0/10.
actual players are exploring sidequests thus outlevel everything and the game becomes way too easy after a couple of hours.

Is it possible to make the game equally challenging to both parties? I say no. But who is the game made for, Gamespot and IGN's shallow reviewer or us - gamers?
So set the bloody main story quest challenging and call that "normal". If reviewers pan the game because they can't fastrun it in one afternoon because of dying a lot against hard trashmobs because they skipped side content, more power to cdpr.

Easy? Sure, set everything 1-hit kill and that's it - you need something for those amateur reviewers, right?

Iron mode? Make it impossible to finish the game unless one will cheat a lot as the whole idea of iron modes and whatever "superhard" difficulties is retarded.

Well nice to see the thread was updated in my long hiatus.:thumbsup:

Don't now if I will be updating the threads again as I did before though.:(

Back
Top Bottom