Long Live The Queen - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Long Live The Queen

Default Long Live The Queen

July 5th, 2015, 09:59
Long Live The Queen is a Visual Novel / RPG Mix.

Rule the world or die trying! Being a Princess is not an easy job. Being a Queen is even harder. Especially when you're only fourteen years old, and the reason you've inherited the throne is that your royal mother has just met an untimely end. Now power is up for grabs.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

July 5th, 2015, 09:59
RPGWatch Steam Curation:
This visual novel looks casual, but it's quite challenging with lots of skills, c&c, achievements and many ways to bite the dust. Good Monarchy Sim!
Last edited by HiddenX; September 14th, 2019 at 09:14.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

September 14th, 2019, 09:08
So, anyone actually played this game? I'd like to hear some impression before committing to this.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)

September 15th, 2019, 03:00
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
So, anyone actually played this game? I'd like to hear some impression before committing to this.
I haven't played it myself but I got it for my wife. She really likes games like Stardew Valley & The Sims to give an idea of her tastes. My wife liked it but also seemed a bit disappointed, wishing there was more variety and perhaps that it was a bit longer. I think she was hoping for something a bit more like Princess Maker 2, which we played together many years ago and still probably enjoyed more. LLtQ seems to be more of visual novel than a sim game.

It might be worth grabbing on a good sale if you like the idea of a visual novel with some light RPG / sim elements. I'd defintely recommend Princess Maker 2 if you haven't played that; it's freeware / abandoneware and I think the only PM game with an English translation.

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 15th, 2019, 08:53
I've played the game as well, but only to two deaths. You can die a lot in this game
It's not a casual game and you have to replay a lot to see all pathes through the game.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

September 15th, 2019, 10:44
Originally Posted by daveyd View Post
I haven't played it myself but I got it for my wife. She really likes games like Stardew Valley & The Sims to give an idea of her tastes. My wife liked it but also seemed a bit disappointed, wishing there was more variety and perhaps that it was a bit longer. I think she was hoping for something a bit more like Princess Maker 2, which we played together many years ago and still probably enjoyed more. LLtQ seems to be more of visual novel than a sim game.

It might be worth grabbing on a good sale if you like the idea of a visual novel with some light RPG / sim elements. I'd defintely recommend Princess Maker 2 if you haven't played that; it's freeware / abandoneware and I think the only PM game with an English translation.
I actually already picked this game up, and reached the same conclusion as your wife. I definitely enjoyed PM2 more but I don't regret playing this one either.

Played for 8 hours and I'm getting bored since I keep getting similar scenarios - PM2 I played for 59 hours before getting sick of it lol
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
Last edited by purpleblob; September 15th, 2019 at 11:16.

purpleblob

Princess

September 15th, 2019, 12:29
What is PM2 ?

Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I definitely enjoyed PM2 more but I don't regret playing this one either.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

September 15th, 2019, 12:45
Originally Posted by you View Post
What is PM2 ?
Princess Maker 2
--

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

September 16th, 2019, 08:33
Hmm, and here I was thinking it was a Sex Pistol’s lyric, I must be getting old.

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Long Live The Queen