How Would You Rate Kickstarter & Its Games From 2014?

How Would You Rate Kickstarter & Its Games From 2014?

• Excellent

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Good

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Average

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
To kickoff the New Year here another official RPGWatch poll, and this time I just want to see everyone's opinion about Kickstarter & it's various games from 2014.

Now I will offer a few options but feel free to write a small essay on our forums.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Voted good.

About as good as I was hoping for, and much better than I feared, overall. Some were quite disappointing - and some were better than expected, so that's a reasonable balance. That said, I don't think any of them went above and beyond in a really significant way.

Even so, it's a wonderful step forward for gaming.

I voted excellent.

D:OS, Shovel knight and Defense grid 2 are among best in their genres and Dreamfall chapters is just as great story as it's previous parts.Wasteland 2, Shadowgate and Lords of Xulima are very good games also and There are few other games that are "just" good.

Sure there ware flops and mediocre games but there where lot more of those from AAA studios.

There seems to be two questions - Kickstarter Games from 2014 in the poll and Kickstarter in general in CP's post.

In general, my opinion is high of Kickstarter. I enjoyed Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sins, both being among my favorites of 2014, however they were released in 2014, not funded. Wasteland 2 was one I backed in 2012, and Divinity Original Sin in 2013. Grim Dawn was another I backed in 2012, but has not been released yet except for early access. Torment and Project Eternity were others I had considered from 2012 and 2013, but decided to wait and see how the ones I had backed turned out.

Kickstarter Games from 2014 on the other hand were not as impressive I thought. I didn't back any in 2014.

Last edited:
Well let's, my top three games from last year:

1. WL2
2. D:OS
3. Shadowrun : Dragonfall

Other than those three obvious ones, I also played The Banner Saga, Lords of Xulima and Dead State. All of which were "good enough", although not outstanding.

All in all, I would rate the year as excellent.

If we look at it from the other pow, in how many games did I back last year, the list is far more depressing. I did back 9 titles, but of those I only have really high hopes for a couple (Darkest Dungeon and Graywalkers). I might be positively surprised by the others too though.

Will this year be as good? If PoE delivers, then yes. But as far as I'm aware of that's the only high profile Kickstarter (RPG) scheduled to be released next year right? (Because we can make a highly qualified guess that Torment won't be released until 2016).

I've put excellent.
Not a single one I've backed was a letdown and absolutely all were, at least IMO, above average.

I only backed 3 games with D:OS being the only one released last year; the other 2 are currently scheduled for 2015.

I voted excellent from the point of view of games I played in 2014 regardless of when I made the pledge.

Like Xian said though pledged games in 2014 were down. Out of curiosity I just went and looked at my history.

2012: 17 Pledges of which 8 have come out

2013: 14 Pledges of which 6 have come out

2014: 7 Pledges of which 0 have come out

And I am not as excited about the games yet to come out pledged in 2014 as I am about the older ones. Although Serpent in the Staglands is really starting to catch my eye more and more.

Most of the games I enjoyed most from 2014 were started on Kickstarter, so I voted good. Some of them could have been better, but I certainly got my moneys' worth in each case.

Back
Top Bottom