Introduce yourself a bit

@Jaz: Yeah right.... :) The old "I was there but I forgot my login"-excuse. That boast will require a thorough quizzing ;) Let's set up a thread for that! Anyhow, the official LOTR-TORN-RPGWatch submember count is up to three, who wants to come out the closet too?

But I *did* forget my login data. I just remember that I changed my avatar to a picture of Lurz after the first movie came out, because the hardcore fans hated him so much (and I must admit he was a darned fine specimen).
I have so many accounts at so many boards under so many names... I have a list with my most important login data, just in case. I even forgot my Steam account login... I'm so grateful for the option to retrieve login data by giving a game code ^-^...

I have so many accounts at so many boards under so many names...

Uh ... why? Don't really see the point in this, unless you have rabid stalkers after you asking for an autograph on their book :D

And like slam23 said, you need to prove it by posting in the appropriate thread ;) And no, I don't visit the site, would be one too many things to do online. But I've browsed it a little. Seems very interesting :)

I just don't like to go by the same name twice, that's all, although I finally found a solution - nowadays my handles change with the topic of a board, meaning that my user name is the same for all shooter boards I frequent, etc. I even have a list with my most important login data, or I'd be lost.

As for proving 'it'... I never said I was a Tolkien buff! I'm not. I just read the Trilogy, the Hobbit and the Silmarillion when I was seventeen, and re-read them one year later. I also saw the animated LotR movie when it came out, but that's about it, I'm pretty positive I couldn't answer a single Tolkien trivia question (you probably had a better chance with Moorcock).
What I did admit to was having an account over at theonering.net (a friend of mine is a regular over there and made me curious enough to join), and while writing this post I even remembered my login name :biggrin:.

I'm.. me. Student/software developer from Norway, I spend all my time in front of a computer, either developing fairly boring applications or playing games. Other than that I watch a whole lot of football(soccer to our friends over the sea), my team in England is Arsenal, in Norway it's Brann.

Regarding gaming: I used to play all sorts of games, strategy games like C&C, adventure games like Monkey Island, Larry and Space Quest, sports games, simulators and so on, but today I only play RPGs and RTS games with RPG elements(SpellForce, Warcraft 3, etc). My all time favourite games are probably Baldur's Gate 2 and Gothic 1, although there are many that should be mentioned, from Heroes of Might & Magic 1 and Magic & Magic 6, to modern games like KotOR1-2.

I also do a fair bit of reading, but again I've become more boring over time. I used to read a lot of Jules Verne, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and so on, but lately I've only read fantasy books and series. My favourite is probably The Wheel of Time - a lot of people critisize it for it's incredibly level of detail, but I enjoy it. The few annoyances I have with the series are the same as always - why do they not use teleport as means of communication more? Why doesn't Gandalf use his pretty birds to drag Frodo into Mt. Doom in an hour? Why does Sherlock Holmes always wait for that dimwit Mr. Watson to walk about asking ridicilous questions before revealing who the killer is? You get the point..

Anything else? Just ask. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom