The Whole Game in My Hand #1

The correct link can be found in the 'More information' link or by clicking here.

It's up now, thanks :) I'm really looking forward to The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion -- I know it's probably going to be a hack and slash knock-off, but the screenshots I've seen look nice. Final Fantasy 3 looks great as well. Thanks for the update.

I think it's worth to mention Bioware's upcoming Nintendo DS Title.

I'm trying to keep the scope pared down to recent releases and stuff on the forseeable horizon. That way I look only at stuff that should be in the next few months.

I'm looking forward to the Bioware game also - and will track that as time progreses.

As for games that play as hack-n-slash, I have different tolerance and perspective on handhelds than my PC RPG's. So I'm really digging Dungeon Siege right now, after not thinking my of the 'Broken Worlds' expansion earlierthis summer ...

Well, I am sad to hear that there is no new Fire Emblem on the handheld horizon so far. I really enjoyed both of them on the GBA. Or at least hope they do an english release of the other FE ...

Well, I am sad to hear that there is no new Fire Emblem on the handheld horizon so far. I really enjoyed both of them on the GBA. Or at least hope they do an english release of the other FE ...
I think their focus right now is on the Fire Emblem for the Wii

Why do you have to cover console platforms? Stay as pc-only site; otherwise, rpgcodex will be pretty much only reliable site left when it comes to crpg gaming news website.

One article a month (if txa can keep up that schedule) will be barely noticeable. I decided more readers would benefit from occasional handheld coverage than would be harmed by skipping something once a month or two. We aren't planning any daily news or other coverage...just an occasional roundup.

There are arguably more TB games on handhelds than PC these days - I'm pretty sure a few Codex readers have a handheld.

Well, I do think that handheld titles to be better than new PC RPG games with the exception of the occasional indie titles (although there has been a boom in that market in recent months with the Geneforge 4, Broken Hourglass and Eschalon Book I coming soon). And those people that manage to develop a really deep and engaging story with memorable characters (Well, even The Sims 2 on the GBA is a better at being an RPG than Dungeon Siege, and it is not strictly RPG but an adventure game) should receive more credit for their work and more coverage than half-baked titles like Dungeon Lords and pseudo RPGs like Oblivion.

I really like this category, very useful (owning both a DS and a PSP atm)
And having a quick roundup every month is not really turning the PC focus of the site to console gaming. Never a bad thing to broaden your horizon, and there is space for a lot more categories when I look at the top of the page ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I hope to do a bit more in-depth looks at specific games in the coming months. Specifically, those that are the most 'pc like', for example the recently released Dungeon Siege PSP game, and next year's D&D Tactics and Elder Scrolls games.

How on earth do you get time to play all these games and still keep up with PC RPG's. You must have a very understanding wife.

How on earth do you get time to play all these games and still keep up with PC RPG's. You must have a very understanding wife.

(1) This edition covers everything since ~last November.
(2) There aren't many cRPG's to keep up with.
(3) I didn't play every game on the list - for example, the Pokemon games, Contact DS and Astonishia Story on the PSP are some that I haven't played but have kept tabs on.
(4) I don't sleep much ;)

Since early this summer I've stopped buying *every* handheld RPG in hopes of them being good - I was starting to accumulate some very expensive crap.

Mike Anderson? I think the name of the guy that reviewed the NWN premium modules and also one of the Gothic games on GamerDad is called Mike Anderson.

He's my doppelganger ... hey, he even stole my avatar! The outrage! ;)

Damn those doppelgangers!

Speaking of which, I really hated them in BG1..

Back
Top Bottom