Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Sometimes, depending on the situation

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Rarely, only for games I back or just can't wait for

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Never, this is an industry travesty and I refuse to pay to test their game

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters
Bannerlord EA was an instant buy for me. My Covid game, 800 hours in. Quit a few months ago though because it was stagnating. Over a year in EA and still far from ready IMHO. Got my money out of it trying every possible combo so not complaining. A little disappointed maybe.

Same here! This is the sort of game I enjoy playing EA. And I agree it got a little stagnant but it's sort of a tradition with Taleworlds. M&B1 stayed in beta for so many year and even after it was released, they kept working on it for many more years (Warbands & cie)

Usually I don't do early access, because I don't want to be spoiled (mostly story-wise) before I begin to play the real thing.

Usually I don't do early access, because I don't want to be spoiled (mostly story-wise) before I begin to play the real thing.
Yes, this is a valid concern. In Grim Dawn they managed this in a good way, since they opened up the world and added to the story part for part. So you could explore new parts of the world and the story in every new stage of game development and didn't have to replay everything from start after final release.

However I did that voluntarily later on since I like the game so much that I replayed it with different character class combinations (which play very differently).

I would like to say never but I simply don't believe it is an industry travesty type of thing I just would rather play a completed game. OTOH, one game a few years back I played in early access and didn't realize it until I was just about through.

Sometimes, I do.

Usually, I'm motivated by the idea of supporting something I want to succeed.

I rarely engage much with a game that's not finished, though.

I might try it once or twice before the "1.0" release - just to guage where it's at - and to temper my expectations.

Also, I fully and completely realise that I'm taking a risk - and that it's 100% a gamble when I spend money on Early Access titles.

Back
Top Bottom