Gamedec - Review @ Mortismal Gaming

WTH? I though this will be a turn-based shooting combat with loud death screams, high yield explosives and brutal gory mayhem.. Instead skimming through the 9 hour gameplay video on YT, I could find no combat?? Are you kidding with this interactive E-book SHT?? Oh, God, well.. Okay, didn't even have a bookmark of this game, so I can forget about this for good!

Trolling again, I see.

It's not entirely wrong about the price, but it depends on the replay value, which hasn't been addressed in any review I've read or watched.

I don't know all the details for sure, but my impression is that the game largely involves solving a mystery. No game that has one solving a (single) mystery is replayable, imo.

The most down-turning thing about Gamedec for me is the sketchy translation, you can tell it was some Russian (or whereabouts) speaker just proficient enough in English to do the translation, but it sounds broken and scuffed half of the time. I imagine the budget is what it is, and they couldn't hire a proper translator.

The game itself I found entertaining in general, if nothing spectacular.

They are from Poland actually, which I know for a reason that eludes me.
Anyway, Poland is close enough to Russia to be in the ’whereabouts’ part :)

The most down-turning thing about Gamedec for me is the sketchy translation, you can tell it was some Russian (or whereabouts) speaker just proficient enough in English to do the translation, but it sounds broken and scuffed half of the time. I imagine the budget is what it is, and they couldn't hire a proper translator.

The game itself I found entertaining in general, if nothing spectacular.
Reminds me of the good ole days of Engrish JRPGs and fallout Russian clones. Maybe a fan can help them translate the game better like someone did with Atom RPG.

I would not even buy it if on a deep bargain bin sale. This is not a rpg, but a low budget mystery, with no voice acting, and with a bad translation?? No thank you.

I can imagine sitting in dead silence reading really bad and awkward "Engrish" for hours - not my idea of fun gaming.

I would not even buy it if on a deep bargain bin sale. This is not a rpg, but a low budget mystery, with no voice acting, and with a bad translation?? No thank you.

I can imagine sitting in dead silence reading really bad and awkward "Engrish" for hours - not my idea of fun gaming.
From the few people I know who did play it, they labeled it a poor clone of Disco Elysium. I haven't gotten around to playing for a long length as other games have my interest.

Back
Top Bottom