BG3 Tips and Tricks

Baldur's gate 3
Was anyone able to save the child in the Druid grove? It seems like the 2 available options have ridiculously high checks. I tried reloading a few times but eventually gave up and accepted her death.

Was anyone able to save the child in the Druid grove? It seems like the 2 available options have ridiculously high checks. I tried reloading a few times but eventually gave up and accepted her death.
Yes, the checks are heavily dependent on your character. Everything from race to abilities matter. You can try with another one of your characters to see different options. I mean one of your party members may have better chances.

Also don't forget to use any spells that can increase your checks. I forgot what they were called. One of them is thaumaturge I think.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Aye one game I passed, one I failed, the third I scummed till I passed. How hard it can change depending on a few things as Pladio said. I think the outcome also has different results later. You can learn a lot more about the female druid as well if you look around carefully and keep your eyes open. Gives more options later as well.

The Deluxe Edition brings a few goodies, but some things are not directly obvious.
  • With GOG, it's considered as DLC and can be toggled on/off from Galaxy: Manage Installation / Configure... / DLC. It wasn't originally included until a hotfix yesterday; I'm not sure if a game started before that hotfix gets the items but I think so.
  • The extra dice skin can be selected once you get a dice roll; you'll see the selection icon appear at the bottom left of the screen.
  • The 'adventurer's pouch' is a set of supplies that are in the Traveller's Chest at camp.
I don't know about the other items (bard songs and paintings). It looks like it's easily disabled or disregarded if you don't like it.

The OST has 43 tracks in both mp3 and WAV formats.

The 6 character sheets are those of the Origins, in PDF format.

Finally, the artbook is a nice PDF document of 97 double pages, with the following content.

artbook_content.png

The Deluxe Edition brings a few goodies, but some things are not directly obvious.
  • With GOG, it's considered as DLC and can be toggled on/off from Galaxy: Manage Installation / Configure... / DLC. It wasn't originally included until a hotfix yesterday;
It can be toggled on/off in Steam as well. It would have been better if we could choose individual components to install, but that's probably asking too much. I'm just glad it's not being forced into the game.

It can be toggled on/off in Steam as well. It would have been better if we could choose individual components to install, but that's probably asking too much. I'm just glad it's not being forced into the game.
I don't know about the songs, perhaps they're pretty, but the rest isn't indispensable. I don't think you'd miss much by disabling it. But if you don't, it's not in your face.

What's really worth it IMO is the artbook and the OST.

What's really worth it IMO is the artbook and the OST.
I wish there was a way to view the artbook without installing the in-game items. Maybe I'll look for somewhere I can download it separately.

*Edit* Ok, it apparently it puts the artbook and OST in a separate folder, so I guess I could just copy them and then uninstall the DLC.

Last edited:
  • With GOG, it's considered as DLC and can be toggled on/off from Galaxy: Manage Installation / Configure... / DLC. It wasn't originally included until a hotfix yesterday; I'm not sure if a game started before that hotfix gets the items but I think so.
  • The extra dice skin can be selected once you get a dice roll; you'll see the selection icon appear at the bottom left of the screen.
  • The 'adventurer's pouch' is a set of supplies that are in the Traveller's Chest at camp.
I don't know about the other items (bard songs and paintings). It looks like it's easily disabled or disregarded if you don't like it.

The OST has 43 tracks in both mp3 and WAV formats.

The 6 character sheets are those of the Origins, in PDF format.

Finally, the artbook is a nice PDF document of 97 double pages, with the following content.

View attachment 4710

Thank you @Redglyph I had missed all of this in my excitement. Appreciate the share here. Finally found my character sheets and artbook.

I have played 12 hours so far ... and still on the starting ship. As I mentioned somewhere takes me time to make a char, even when I know who I want to be. I finally finished this morning and will be digging in a lot more after walking my dog. I mean I spent an hour trying to decide about a couple points in WIS vs. INT. Its the "want to be powerful" vs. "want to match my lore and personality of the char" struggle with stats. I went with INT because my rogue lacks wisdom (he's smart but doesn't always think things through) even though wisdom is far more useful in this game for many things. I am playing on easy first time but second will be normal or hard and then I will do a more focused build ... maybe :p

PS - This is what I ended up with for my rogue. Skills focused on stealth/thievery, persuasion/intimidation, perception, and acrobatics/athletics

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-04 152606.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-04 152606.png
    676.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I found out about the paintings of the Deluxe Edition. Yes, they can be found in some places in BG3.

1691244630026.png

I find it very OOC, but that's OK for me; they're just Easter eggs.

Back
Top Bottom