WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Mythic Path Guides

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Another useful mini-guide series, Mortismal Gaming is releasing videos on the mythic path system. They're not all in there yet, I'll complete the post when more videos are available (some of the paths are not in the current beta).

UPDATE: this is a video that compiles all the information in the older videos below.
UPDATE 2: the first two videos here were for the beta and may be obsolete, I'll remove them eventually. Check the other posts below.

Detailed video on the mythic paths (beta version)

There were also 3 very instructive posts from BooBoo, Wolfgrimdark and Purpleblob in another thread that need to be linked here.

It's just a copy of posts and videos that were scattered in a longer thread, thought it might be useful to others later.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Late Mythic Paths

These mythic paths that were not in the beta, they can only be chosen later, in chapter 5:

How to unlock these later mythic paths, the videos are most probably not entirely spoiler-free ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, that was a typo, it's chapter 5.

EDIT: more exactly at mythic rank 8

I am not keen on spoilers but really wanted to know on Legend and thankfully the video was short and too the point and really not a single spoiler except the actual spoiler on how you get the Legend path.

So watched and relieved that you can't miss it and in a way cool how they did it as you still get a chance to try out some of the other paths first since it comes late.

Seems like Legend would be pretty simple. I assumed you would be on that path automatically by declining all the others. (Didn't watch the video)

Seems like Legend would be pretty simple. I assumed you would be on that path automatically by declining all the others. (Didn't watch the video)

That is what I was thinking but no that isn't exactly the case. You can explore paths and make a decision later.

I didn't understand how choosing your path worked at all until I started playing. I thought at some point you'd be given a choice, and based on which ones you'd done the prerequisites for, you'd select from a list.

But no, you get them along the way. Even advance in them (?) I'm not far enough to know that part. But when I came to the first one (Angel) I got all panicky, thinking I was being forced to choose it already.

When you switch paths, do you get to keep abilities you gained from the previous path, or do you lose them until you rejoin that path?

When you switch paths, do you get to keep abilities you gained from the previous path, or do you lose them until you rejoin that path?
No idea, never tried. That's something you could ask on their forums or on their Discord, they love sharing their experience (it's very busy atm though).

From the videos, it seems the previous ranks remain occupied. I doubt that you have to re-fill them with specific abilities and feats once you swap path. I'd expect the same behaviour as multiclassing, but it's a guess.

More on that. Apparently the previous abilities and feats are overwritten when you change at rank 8 to one of the later mythic paths by completing the corresponding quest. Except for Devil, which keeps ranks 3-7.

I'm not sure it's possible to see the new ability tree before doing the transformation, but it's possible to get this information from the videos above.

More on that. Apparently the previous abilities and feats are overwritten when you change at rank 8 to one of the later mythic paths by completing the corresponding quest. Except for Devil, which keeps ranks 3-7.

I'm not sure it's possible to see the new ability tree before doing the transformation, but it's possible to get this information from the videos above.

Thanks for the additional info. So there's no way to plan ahead as far as Mythic abilities without checking an outside source? That's disappointing.

Thanks for the additional info. So there's no way to plan ahead as far as Mythic abilities without checking an outside source? That's disappointing.
When you get at the first rank, you get a graph of the mythic path evolution for the first 2 ranks. And when you choose your mythic path, you can see the same for any path before choosing. So there's that.

I'm not sure for the later paths because you have to complete a qualification quest to earn them (golden dragon, legend, swarm-that-walks and devil). So maybe you can do all the quests, then choose? Which would make you do things that you wouldn't normally do. Or you can see before doing the quest, I have no idea.

Maybe it's on purpose, those later paths are more like a leap of faith and much more in-character already, rather than a shopping list.

I haven't checked the encyclopedia but I doubt it's in there.

Mythic Path Themes

I love how every path has its own theme. Obviously the Aeon theme is the best and I'm glad I picked it as my first choice, but judge for yourselves.

Angel
Light of Heaven

Gold Dragon
Wisdom of Millennia

Azata
Starward Gaze (Song of Elysium)

Aeon
The Cosmic Balance

Trickster
Laughing till the End

Lich
Lord of the Dead

Swarm-That-Walks
The Hunger Eternal

Demon
Succumbing to Rage

Devil
Hell's Advance

Legend
Master of my own Fate

So I love Aeon with its melancholy timelessness. Demon has a definite Doom vibe and might actually be a fun path for some mayhem. Azata reminds me of Zanzarah.

Last edited:
I love angel & azata theme best - been listening to them over and over again ;)

Back
Top Bottom