The nature of existence

No, as there is no beginning per se, therefore no creation by definition. ;)

That's the alternate part :)

FWIW, in the book I'm writing - there's not necessarily a beginning and not necessarily an end, either :)

Cool, sounds a bit like Prometheus.

That said, it still doesn't really explain where these engineers came from :)
True, but the story is longer and after much more text that becomes clear.
In other words, I haven’t figured that out yet :)

Here is my theory!

We didn't "come" to exists since time doesn't not exists. Time is an illusion. Also we are not individuals. We are all the same. In fact everything is the same. You and me are the same. The computer in which I am typing and me are also the same. We are all made up of the same stuff, you can call it matter or what not. Also everything is always connected to everything else. For example, I am in UK and breathing air in and out. My co-worker next to me is breathing in the air I just breathed out. So by the same chain reaction, you in Denmark will breath the same air in and out. And air is made of matter, the same thing as you and me are made of. So effectively, there is just ONE thing which has always existed.

So the question is, why do we think we are different and individuals? This ONE thing is trying to understand itself or its sort of bored(!) so it manifest itself in different ways. So all the “different” things you see are these manifestations.

Here is my theory!

We didn't "come" to exists since time doesn't not exists. Time is an illusion. Also we are not individuals. We are all the same. In fact everything is the same. You and me are the same. The computer in which I am typing and me are also the same. We are all made up of the same stuff, you can call it matter or what not. Also everything is always connected to everything else. For example, I am in UK and breathing air in and out. My co-worker next to me is breathing in the air I just breathed out. So by the same chain reaction, you in Denmark will breath the same air in and out. And air is made of matter, the same thing as you and me are made of. So effectively, there is just ONE thing which has always existed.

So the question is, why do we think we are different and individuals? This ONE thing is trying to understand itself or its sort of bored(!) so it manifest itself in different ways. So all the “different” things you see are these manifestations.

Thank you :)

Very interesting. Sadly, it's also not THAT far from my own fabrication - meaning it's not as original as I was hoping for…..

Keep 'em coming!

Thank you :)

Very interesting. Sadly, it's also not THAT far from my own fabrication - meaning it's not as original as I was hoping for…..

Keep 'em coming!

My theory is heavily influenced by CHIM!

Here is my theory!

Crazy, as that's also close to my own thoughts lately, especially about the "one" thing being bored (essentially, thus it willed itself into existence), now trying to understand itself and essentially everything being projections or "angles" of the same self.

Beyond that, it seems like "the journey home" is to reunite again. But then what? Either it's some sort of ultimate oneness beyond time, or it continues the wheel, i.e. maybe the entire shebang is just a constant circular path. Oneness, divide, unite, oneness, divide, unite, oneness, etc..

Dunno bro. Thinking is hard. :-/

Ah, I see. Interesting.

Babylon 5 had a similar notion with the whole "we're all star stuff" concept. My theory is a little more complicated and elaborate to explain - but essentially, it's about the same notion - except that existence is but a theory.

Ah, I see. Interesting.

Babylon 5 had a similar notion with the whole "we're all star stuff" concept. My theory is a little more complicated and elaborate to explain - but essentially, it's about the same notion - except that existence is but a theory.

When I first encountered CHIM in Morrowind, it blew my mind! I guess thats one the reason why I hold Morrowind as the best game I have ever played!

Looking forward to reading your theory. Will you be posting your theory or will it be revealed as part of your sci fi story?

When I first encountered CHIM in Morrowind, it blew my mind! I guess thats one the reason why I hold Morrowind as the best game I have ever played!

Looking forward to reading your theory. Will you be posting your theory or will it be revealed as part of your sci fi story?

I'm attempting to write the novel :)

Then again, I've been attempting that for years.

If I ever finish it, I'll be happy to reveal all.

As John Lennon said "All You Need is Love"

I've no idea how or why we're here, I'm just fairly sure that those brief moments of positivity & happiness we all experience make it worthwhile, and that expanding those for everyone as much as possible is the path to our best future as a species.

While I have no real opinion to share on origin (after all it doesn't really matter much as we are already here) I do believe we are on the face track for extinction. Mind you it won't happen in my (or your) life time (probably) but I'm not so sure we (as a species) will see 3000ad. So perhaps we should focus more on the future and less on the past ?

Here is my theory!

While I have no real opinion to share on origin (after all it doesn't really matter much as we are already here) I do believe we are on the face track for extinction. Mind you it won't happen in my (or your) life time (probably) but I'm not so sure we (as a species) will see 3000ad. So perhaps we should focus more on the future and less on the past ?

Nonsense! The ONE is timeless as time is an illusion. The ONE simply is so the question of extinction does not arise :p

Well that is obvious; the fellow over there who is 20 years younger than myself is a mass murderer and I haven't picked up the trade yet. Therefore we must be different.

Here is my theory!

Back
Top Bottom