Skyshine's BEDLAM - Preview @ theEscapist

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Janelle Bonanno (theEscapist) has previewed Skyshine's BEDLAM - the game will be released on September 17th.
"Surprises are not always good…"

As I stare at the loading screen, waiting for the game to generate my next encounter, I was confronted by these words of wisdom. "No," I say to myself as I think about my empty fuel tank and dwindling supplies even as I prepare for battle. "They aren't." But, surprises can be fantastic as well, and Skyshine's BEDLAM was my first surprise at PAX this year. Finding myself still playing it on the show floor 30 minutes past my appointment, I don't hesitate to say it was a fantastic surprise at that.

It isn't often that you pick up a new game with no expectations and find it to be everything you've been looking for. The first game to be built on the Banner Sage engine (outside of the Banner Saga franchise, of course), Skyshine's BEDLAM is part FTL, part Oregon Trail, with a dash of XCOM and Banner Saga to boot. Sprinkle that over a storyline and world reminiscent of Mad Max, and you have a recipe for a ridiculously fun and new experience that is refreshing and exciting. […]
Dossier on Dozers Trailer:

More information.

I was watching this kickstarter, seemed interesting. Usually with being an older gamer comes a 6th Sense regarding whether a game will be good or not, but I can't tell here. It's unique presentation will keep me looking until the reviews come.

I'm not even going to look, but I can't wait to play!

Back
Top Bottom