Pillars of Eternity II - Preview @ FS

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Fansided checked out Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at the PAX East 2018:

Get your pirate on with Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire | PAX East 2018 preview

We hit the high seas at PAX East 2018 during our demo of Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, the upcoming sequel to Obsidian’s high-fantasy CRPG.

Admittedly, Pillars of Eternity is one of those games that have been sitting in my backlog for quite some time now. The party-based “real-time-with-pause” tactical gameplay takes me right back to the old days of playing Baldur’s Gate for hours on end. This is a game I keep telling myself I really need to play. After playing a demo build of Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, the upcoming sequel to Obsidian’s hit RPG, I now realize how badly I need to get into this series ASAP.

At PAX East 2018, I met up with Pillars of Eternity 2's narrative designer Carrie Patel to discuss the game’s upcoming new sequel, what’s changed between the two games, and of course, get a hands-on preview with a demo build. Deadfire is a direct sequel to the first title: players control the Watcher, who travels to the Deadfire islands to pursue the reawakened and destructive god Eothas.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

So... hasn't played the first game but is now qualified to inform us about the second after a few minutes with a demo. Huh.

So… hasn't played the first game but is now qualified to inform us about the second after a few minutes with a demo. Huh.

This is why I read reviews of game from people here to get some insight if I might like it.

Back
Top Bottom