The Dwarves - New RPG Based On Book Series

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Leaked infos published by the German website Hooked forced publisher EuroVideo's hand and caused a panic reaction. Hooked had found out King Art Games (The Book of Unwritten Tales series) is working on a strategy-RPG mix based upon the popular fantasy book series The Dwarves. EuroVideo first reacted with a content-ID strike on YouTube and threatened with legal action based on some artwork Hooked had used in their video, but later they reconsidered, announced The Dwarves and came to a reasonable agreement with the website.

I'll rip off Kordanor's forum post for the details and modify it slightly:

The German News-Page "Hooked" revealed a Leak that the German developer King Arts is working on a Tactics-RPG in the Universe of "Die Zwerge", which is originall a Book-Series written by Markus Heitz who also joins the production of the game as advisor.
Shorty after the leak, this was confirmed officially.

King Arts made themselves a name by doing the awesome "Book of Unwritten Tales" - Adventure Game and "Battle Worlds: Kronos, a very good spritiual successor of the Battle Isle Series. King Art will retain complete creative control over the project.

Die Zwerge (literally "The Dwarves") will be a game in a fantasy setting similar to The Banner Saga. The main character will be Tungdil, a dwarf who is grouping up with up to 12 companions, who will have individual skills and backstories. For each fight you can chose 4 of these to fight the battle.
In contrast to the Banner Saga though you can more freely travel on the world map and make own decisions on what to do next. Besides of the main story the game will also have side-quests.

The game will be co-financed via Kickstarter. The project will launch after the gamescom in early August.
It's also interesting that they seem to acknowledge that outside of Germany nobody knows this series. Due to that they will focus on the popular stuff like the licence and the Author, while the English version will focus on the campaign and combat system.

The release is planned for March or April 2016.

More information.

Read the first book, The Dwarves, was decent, cant see it being any different from your typical high fantasy setting. Didnt read the rest of the trilogy tho, so maybe it expands and evolves from there.

Will it have dwarven romances?
That would be...interesting.

A RPG game bas on the Books of The Dwarves: AWESOME

High fantasy? yes and no
I read all the books and to me it feels darker then usual high-fantasy. Bold to say, but I would say it has something of the darkness that the witcher has too.

I am interested!!!!

I also read the first book and found it pretty stupid. Are the later books better?

Dont know, i liked from The first book , but it does get darker later on.
Dinnt read The further books that concentrates on The story seen by The alfs

I also read the first book and found it pretty stupid. Are the later books better?

Yes, though I actually liked the first book. The latter books become very dark, and are less typical fantasy fair than the first book. The third and fourth books have pretty unhappy endings, which is not everyone's thing.

Back
Top Bottom