Ubisoft - Trailer Announces Might and Magic X

Did I red wrong, or Ubisoft is really going to make a party-based TB first person RPG in the veins of M&M? No, this must be a dream.

Now I watch the trailer...

and I think I'm going to cry.

It seems to me we're entering another golden age of cRPGs (as opposed to chatty chatty click 'good/evil response' so called RPGs we've been having for like the last 10 years)

Anyway after the initial shock I finally get back to myself.

It seems Ubisoft makes a game in veins of M&M3-5. Ubisoft can put whatever DRM in it, I'm still going to buy this game. We love you Ubi. :)

Excellent, although I don't like step-based any more, but still a day one purchase and probably a pre-purchase. My last pre-purchase was the latest X-Com, prior to that was something in the early 2000's. (until Kickstarter of course).

The Gothic games have dried up and Risen while good is not Gothic. Skyrim is a great game but it clearly does not have a Might and Magic feel. Sovereign looks hopeful but who knows when that's gonna come out. And then we Might & Magic arising like the proverbial Phoenix from the ashes of the dead. I have stated many times on this very forum for Jon C to get off his A$$ and get back to his real job - making Might and Magic RPGs. Although mostly said in jest, I am just stunned that a new Might and Magic is on the horizon and might even see the light of day this year.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm in some kind of Twilight Zone episode and someone is going to pull the rug from under me on release date.

I'm floored, excited, scared (due to ubi's track record) all at the same time. The last M&M I played was 7 and loved it and all the M&M's before to distraction. To get an honest-to-goodness M&M game from Ubisoft would be the biggest surprise of the year for me. But I'm treading very cautiously…………

Outside of perhaps TES, Might and Magic is my favorite series of all time. Having the voice of Sheltem from Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra gave me goosebumps :) However, reading the new website, the portal speaks of how there was a new leaf turned with Ashan leading the franchise into a wonderful new era, which really hasn't worked out. It remains to be seen if Ashan has room for what made Might and Magic great. Will Corak and Sheltem show up? What about Crag Hack and the gang?

Last edited:
As I've already said, they're not afraid to answer questions on the official forums. So please register on Ubisoft forums and ask there instead of trolling here.
Been a member there since 30-03-2005 but I'd prefer to post here and Celestial Heavens thanks very much.

It seems Ubisoft makes a game in veins of M&M3-5. Ubisoft can put whatever DRM in it, I'm still going to buy this game. We love you Ubi. :)
I would love to play a remake of MM2 to MM5 with the new MMX engine. I included MM2 because that was my first and therefore my favourite.

I better be able to cast Lloyds Beacon.

I'm speechless. I don't know it it's Grimrock, the success of RPG Kickstarters, more RPGs like Age of Decadence getting Greenlit on steam, or what. Whatever prompted Ubisoft to take this risk, I'm glad. Hopefully it's a great game. At very least a decent one.

Can't see the appeal. Then again I didn't start playing crpg''s till Baldur's Gate and fallout. Different tastes in gaming that's all.

I'm glad for those who like this style of game though. I'll withhold judgment and any other drivel as it wouldn't be fair.

Can't see the appeal. Then again I didn't start playing crpg''s till Baldur's Gate and fallout. Different tastes in gaming that's all.

I'm glad for those who like this style of game though. I'll withhold judgment and any other drivel as it wouldn't be fair.

This is very noticeable.

This is very noticeable.

It is isn't? I have tried a few of these games as people always say there so great, but I can never finish a single one.

I do enjoy the turn based strategy games though.

I would recommend using dosbox for U7, exult still has a few critical bugs that have not been quashed.

2013-2014 is really starting to look good. If even half of these games are successful as I think they will be it could be the start of a trend of old school games. Not only are they probably a lot cheaper to make but they have a large audience - there are a lot of older gamers out there these days.

The original has quite a few bugs that could break your game if you're not being careful. Bugs that simply don't exist in Exult. Also, i at least can't play Ultima VII without the comfort of keyring mod anymore. Not to mention countless other fixes and tweaks.

Kinda falls into the "too good to be true" category. Waiting to find out that it's multiplayer online-only, full of pay-to-play microtransactions, and/or maybe only runs on phones.

The original has quite a few bugs that could break your game if you're not being careful. Bugs that simply don't exist in Exult. Also, i at least can't play Ultima VII without the comfort of keyring mod anymore. Not to mention countless other fixes and tweaks.

Interesting, I guess I got lucky the 8 times I played through it ;) On the Exult homepage it says there is a problem with disappearing items - has that been fixed in the latest snapshot? When I read through the first 2-3 pages of the exult forums it is still full of bugs. I guess I just prefer to stick with the original game as close as possible - although I don't mind fan patches like the one for BG2 and fallout 2. A pity those fixes couldn't be incorporated into the vanilla U7. The one bug I really don't like in vanilla U7p2 is the fact that you can't cure cantra with the correct water.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom